Do you want to be part of our innovative and entrepreneurial team?
Do you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and enjoy working in a team atmosphere? Are you an “outside the box” thinker who strives to implement continuous improvements? Do you take a strategic approach to your work? Do you enjoy in a fast-paced culture where your opinions are valued and respected? Do you enjoy building partnerships to solve mutually beneficial challenges?
Mitacs is a national not-for-profit that helps industry and non-profit partners solve strategic challenges by leveraging Canada’s world-class post-secondary talent and a global network of industry, academic, and government partnerships. Through these collaborations, Mitacs helps business and community partners succeed, improves students’ on-the-job skills development, and strengthens Canada’s world-class innovation ecosystem. At Mitacs, we strive to develop the next generation of innovators with vital research and business skills. In partnership with domestic and international companies, governments and academia, we support a new economy using Canada’s most valuable resource – its people.
To get a better understanding of Mitacs and read more about our values please visit our website
SENIOR RECORDS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
As a function, Records and Information Management requires not only leadership endorsement and all staff accountability, but also an individual champion to provide subject matter expertise as well as monitoring and oversight of Mitacs staff observance of organization wide records and information management policy and practices.
Reporting to the Manager, Governance and Administration Services, the senior Records Management Spacialist is responsible for implementing the Records Management Program and ensures that corporate records, in all formats, are managed throughout their entire lifecycle – from creation and preservation through to disposition. You will play a key role in ensuring the record management program is consistent with and meets our legislative and business requirements related to all information assets (including confidential, sensitive, and personal information) by providing guidance and support to all Departments.
You will be responsible for developing strategies and continuously improving record keeping practices across the organization. In collaboration with key stakeholders, you will develop, assess, plan, implement, and evaluate opportunities to support our objectives to manage records in digital and hard copy format.
- Oversee and implement the Records Management Program including:
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures
- Developing and maintaining a file plan and retention schedule
- Developing a corporate taxonomy
- Developing staff training and awareness of program
Work with key stakeholders (Departments, Committees, Working Groups) on defining guidelines and procedures that impact the management and disposition of records Monitor changes to legislation and business requirements and revise the Records Management Program accordingly Conduct audits to ensure record keeping practices are aligned with the Records Management Program
- Engage Departments across Mitacs to assess record keeping practices and provide solutions to support effective management of records
- Schedule internal audits and track follow up recommendations for completion
- Provide support to ensure the timely and efficient preservation and disposition of records and documents in accordance with the File Plan and Retention Schedule
- Provide ongoing records management awareness and electronic records management training to employees
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized educational institution with a degree in business, archival studies, or a similar discipline
- 5-7 years’ experience in administrating Corporate Records Management Programs
- Ability to focus on delivering quality and effective communication
- Experience in issues management and problem solving
- Strong attention to detail and analysis in the scope of records management
- Strong familiarity with SharePoint
- Strong writing and analytical skills and experience in producing corporate reports and documents
- Project management experience on a wide range of projects and in various capacities
- Advanced reading comprehension skills, and the ability to process, analyze, and manipulate large amounts of text and data
- Experience handling private and confidential information with discretion
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including tact and diplomacy
- Ability to communicate comfortably with individuals across all levels, both internally and externally
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team environment and balance the needs of a number of individuals and the team
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience in data entry
- Bilingual in French is an asset
Mitacs fosters a culture where creativity, innovation, diversity, and inclusion are valued, encouraged and fostered. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and a team-based work environment, and we are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.