Lead Software Developer R200003205
BMO is embarking on a major effort to transform our customer experience around digital channels with a prime focus security capability. To enable this, we are looking for technology innovators and thought-leaders to join our software team to develop our next generation of banking solutions.
We offer a progressive and exciting work environment using some of the latest technologies and modern software development practices along with attractive career opportunities, competitive compensation and a fun workplace. If you have a passion for new technology and innovation in Security, we would love to meet with you.
About the Opportunity:
As member of the digital banking software team, focused on Self Service Channel applications, you will be part of defining the future of secure banking applications used by our customers. Passion and customer-focus are as integral to your success as your technical skills and experience.
- Champion new approaches and help transform our technological capabilities within online banking and mobile platforms.
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders to drive change throughout the organization, enhancing the customer experience.
- Provides solution architecture coaching and guidance
- Provide thought leadership in planning, estimation, development, testing and implementation of initiatives of any size and any level of complexity to meet the functional and non-functional requirements of the application
- Liaises and solutions with third party vendors, to ensure the integration of their products/solution meets our business and application requirements.
- Remains current with emerging software technologies, security trends, and associated vendor products
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- 5+ years software development experience in the IT industry
- 2+ years experience leading teams of 3 or more developers
- Familiar with Software Security Best Practices
- Strong knowledge and practical experience in:
- J2EE Frameworks, e.g. Struts, Spring, Spring Boot
- Modern Web Application languages and frameworks, e.g. Angular, React, HTML5, CSS3, SASS, ES6
- Designing solutions based on microservice methodologies
- CI/CD Tooling Capabilities, e.g. Confluence, JIRA, BitBucket, Artifactory, Bamboo, Ansible
- Relational and NoSQL databases, e.g. Oracle, MongoDB
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
To submit your application for this job, please go to:
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.