- Alberta NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Senior Security Specialist
Senior Security Specialist
Date: Jun 29, 2020
Location: Rexdale, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
37091 – Rexdale – Regular –
Hydro One Telecom combines the strength and reliability of a respected utility with the agility of a small telecommunications provider. We work together with our diverse client base to design creative solutions for data telecommunications, and networking challenges that our clients face every day. Our engineering focus and ITIL processes ensure that our services are specifically tailored to meet their individual requirements.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One Telecom!
Reporting to the Manager – Incident, Change and Security for Hydro One Telecom(HOT) , provide technical expertise supporting HOT security services and internal security posture/readiness. Evaluate the effectiveness of and make recommendations to existing / new security processes, and implement approved changes. Taking up on-call duties, if required.
- Lead the internal development and support of a HOT oriented security program incorporating industry best practices and ensuring compliance with Hydro One corporate security practices and policies.
- Participate in the delivery of HOT Security services, including Vulnerability Management, Log Monitoring, Incident Response, Threat Management and Monitoring, and Risk Reporting
- Initiate and maintain up-to-date security policy and procedure documents. Provide support to staff in the development, adherence and enforcement of these practices and procedures.
- Plan, organize, schedule, co-ordinate work activities / project tasks and provide security support as required. Check work to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Consult with both internal and external clients; make recommendations to enhance the Security services. Participate in establishing and communicating relevant security best practices.
- Provide Security expertise to various internal and external organizations, identify any opportunities or inadequacies ensuring the Company’s interest is protected in a manner without risk and potential cost of losses.
- Respond to project Scope of Work requests documenting both the project and sustainment effort.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of advanced Security practices and frameworks.
- Perform proof of concept testing to determine applicability and adaptability of security technologies. Evaluate alternatives and make recommendations.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Experience in operational delivery of Security services, including Vulnerability Management, Incident Response, Threat Management and Monitoring, and Risk Reporting.
- Experience in the development of corporate security programs.
- Experience in making recommendations to enhance client Security services and posture as well as ability to establish and communicate relevant best practice scenarios relating to Security requirements.
- Experience in performing proof of concept (POC) testing to determine applicability and adaptability of security technologies. Evaluate alternatives and make recommendations.
- Experience in creating and maintaining security policy and procedure documents to support Security functions and services including providing support to staff in the development of practices and procedures including appropriate documentation.
- Experience in diagnoses and troubleshooting complex security scenarios and issues.
- Broad and detailed knowledge of systems and equipment used to implement and support security services and posture.
- Experience with various computing environments and security administration duties.
- Experience in support of general corporate security functions and deliverables.
Essential Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
- Broad and detailed knowledge of systems and equipment used to implement and support key security deliverables and functions.
- Excellent customer facing verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with various organization structures, security role and responsibilities, procedures and practices.
- Excellent customer service skills to deal effectively with customers’ problems, and to make recommendations that add value to the customer’s business.
- Experience in Unix security administration duties including backups, performance and resource monitoring
- Good understanding of TCP/IP.
- In-depth knowledge of key networking and security technologies – UNIX, Windows, Cisco, Exchange, Oracle, Storage Products, Email Encryption, VPN, IDS/IPS, VA Tools, SAP, Firewalls and SEM
- Experience with common security logs, i.e. OS, Firewall, IPS, DHCP, DNS, Exchange, etc.
- Experience in analyzing log files and summarize events
- Familiar with behaviors of anti-virus, malware, worms and phishing activities
- Requires experience with various applications such as MS Word, Excel, MS Project, and Visio to produce various technical reports.
- Self-motivated with strong organization skills.
- CISSP certification is required
- A period of over 8 years and up to and including 10 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
At Hydro One Telecom we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: July 14, 2020
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: