Senior Software Engineer
Employer: Kobai (Kobai Software Inc.)
Business Address/Location of Work: 460 Brant Street, Suite 300, Burlington, ON L7R 4B6
Nature of Employment: Permanent Full-time
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: $76.92 per hour ($160,000 Per Annum)
Benefits: 15 Paid Vacation Days
Kobai Software Inc. is seeking an experienced software architect/engineer for our Senior Software Engineer role. As a senior member of the engineering team, the Senior Software Engineer will design, develop, implement, test, launch and maintain next-generation Industrial IoT products and services as defined under the new category of ARM – Asset Relationship Management. The Senior Software Engineer position will help define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead best practices that enable quality products.
As part of the position, the Senior Software Engineer will be learning a variety of cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop well-rounded skills such as polyglot programming, engineering leadership, and effective project management while leading development effort for our SaaS based product. This position will also involve the mentorship of junior software development engineers.
- Design, develop and implement Kobai services on Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and/or Google GCE cloud;
- Work with leadership team to define the scope of Kobai ARM products and services;
- Test, launch and maintain next-gen Industrial IoT products and services as defined under the new category of ARM – Asset Relationship Management;
- Help define product features;
- Lead the development of the system architecture and development effort for our SaaS based product;
- Develop best practices and procedures that enable quality products;
- Mentor junior software development engineers;
- Build backend services and RESTful APIs for various Kobai products;
- Responsible for taking services to production with the aim of achieving zero downtime;
- Work with product owners, software engineers and UI/UX designers to ensure smooth rollout of products.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field is required;
- At least 10 years of industry experience as a software engineer is required.
- At least 5 years of experience in a senior role leading software design and implementation is required.
- Must have knowledge and experience with:
- Semantic Web, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, AI;
- Fundamentals in object-oriented design and services-oriented architectures;
- Fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complex analysis;
- At least one modern programming language, such as Golang, Python, C++, Java.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills are required.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- It is preferred that applicants have prior experience with:
- Building highly-scalable, cloud-based software-as-a-Service solutions on AWS;
- Using the Semantic Web Technologies (OWL, Spark, JSON, Graph Stores);
- Designing and implementing RESTful APIs at scale;
- Distributed systems and service-oriented architectures;
- Designing software with focus on security, automation and applying best practices;
- Agile development practices;
- The ability to drive innovation, exercise leadership and work as a team player.
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume