*Please note the Salary/Rate (Yearly) is reflective of the 2016 rates.
Your experience in large-scale BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BI) and SAP BW project implementations where you have used the full lifecycle of the ASAP methodology has prepared you well for this temporary full-time position as Senior Systems Integrator (Senior SAP BI Lead) with the City of Toronto.
Reporting to the Manager, Business Intelligence Services (BIS) in I&T Enterprise Solution Services (ESS), you will be assigned to work with Business and Data Analytics team, provide expert Business Intelligence functional and technical consulting, implementation and sustainment services and contribute to application architectures to support City Business Intelligence initiatives.
Your primary responsibilities as Senior Systems Integrator (Senior SAP BI Lead) will be varied, but you will be expected to:
- Provides leadership in the area of SAP BusinessObjects BI development at strategic, project and operations levels
- Develop and/or apply complex information delivery models (e.g. dashboards, scorecards, advance information visualizations) within the context of corporate architectures and technology standards.
- Leads the day-to-day SAP BusinessObject BI project development in a 7×24 production environment
- Leads the day to day work output of staff and resources including the scheduling, assigning and reviewing of work tasks to ensure a continuing and consistent service by developing complex, critical enterprise business applications and information
- Co-ordinates with the business and technical users to ensure business intelligence policies and procedures are adhered to by application users and interfacing applications
- Lead business intelligence design, development, testing to ensure applications meet the needs of the business and compliant to SAP SDLC best practices
- Leads in identifying and evaluating project requirements, analyzes and recommends feasible options, design, develop and/or acquire, test, and implements applications, and sustains information technology solutions to meet business objectives and client needs
- Recommends, implements and practices on BI design and development, privacy and quality assurance requirements consistent with MFIPPA, legislation and corporate standards regarding storage retention and processing of confidential personal, corporate and application data and information outputs
- Leads multi-disciplinary business and technical teams from across the corporation to formulate and execute project plans and tasks according to established project management principles and methodologies
- Leads appropriate technical staff through the business application development life cycle to produce scalable, sustainable and standards-compliant departmental and corporate solutions, in conformance with the current enterprise architecture and infrastructure, at both business and information technology levels
- Participates in effective recommendations with respect to project work assignments and provides input into performance appraisals
- Participates in sustaining and improving corporate infrastructures, methodologies, tools, techniques and standards; ensures their conformance and adherence in daily practice among business and technical teams
- Leads various stages of projects, manages project team members and resources and reports progress to project managers, stakeholders and team members, ensuring successful delivery of solutions through proper coordination, issue management, change management, resource management, budget control, quality assurance, migration planning, contingency measures and risk mitigation
- Communicates effectively and in a timely manner to stakeholders, clients, project managers, supervisors and team members any business and technical decisions and actions that may impact solution delivery, staff performance, business processes, management workflow and technical support of public services
- Participates in and contributes to as required corporate and cross-departmental/divisional initiatives to design, construct and implement business and technical solutions, such as business intelligence, data warehousing and electronic service delivery as related to SAP or other initiatives as required
- Analyzes and recommends changes to current business practices, business and information processes, data flows, performance measures, information delivery and knowledge utilization toward a more efficiently managed and coherently integrated information environment for all departments in the City
- Assists in preparing RFI/P/Qs and other formal project documents (SOWs, MOUs, business cases, project charters, SLAs); participates in evaluating, selecting and recommending technical solutions and professional services; assists in managing vendors and contractors in the overall solution delivery process
- Communicates effectively e.g. lead/facilitate meetings, prepare and deliver presentations and/or reports. Audiences include business managers, project team members, other levels of government, city and or external parties
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Your application for the role of Senior Systems Integrator (Senior SAP BI Lead) should describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- University degree in computer science or related discipline and/or considerable experience working on large scale information technology projects or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- SAP BusinessObjects BI Suite 4.0 or above professional certification or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive experience in BusinessObjects BI implementation projects, with at least considerable experience as a SAP BusinessObjects BI Lead in largescale SAP project implementations, covering the full project lifecycle as defined in ASAP methodology.
- Experience leveraging SAP BW 7.3 or above as the key data source to SAP BusinessObejcts BI implementations.
- Experience in Bex Query development, including calculated and restricted key figures, authorization variables, global structures
- Extensive knowledge and experience on dashboard design and development as the key focus on business intelligence deployments.
- Extensive design and development experience in BusinessObjects BI Suite tools including Universe Designer, Webi, Dashboards, Design studio, SAP Lumira, Analysis for OLAP, Analysis for MS and Crystal Reports.
- Demonstrated team supervisory and interpersonal skills working independently and collaboratively with others in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare, organize and present business cases, proposals, solutions and budgets or similar formal documents and statements to various audiences, including stakeholders, clients and the public.
- Experience in using some of the following or equivalent SAP tools and methodologies: ASAP Methodology, SAP Solution Manager (Project Management, Change Management/ChaRM, SAP Test Acceleration & Optimization (TAO), SAP Test Data Migration Server, Business Process Change Analyzer (BPCA), Architecture of Integrated Information Systems (ARIS),
- The City has committed to specific tools and methodologies that support large scale information and technology projects. Experience using some of the following or equivalent tools and methodologies is required. Examples include Bates Project Management Methodology (CPMI compliant), Rational Rose UML, Erwin, HP Quality Centre Testing Suite, Oracle Warehouse Builder, IBM Websphere, Java, J2EE, EJB, HTML, XML, Powerbuilder, Crystal Reports, Visual Basic, SAP (ABAP).
- Demonstrated business acumen to establish and maintain an effective consulting relationship with clients and vendors, with a strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated efficiency and effectiveness in teamwork, facilitation, communications, conflict resolution, problem solving, crisis management and team leadership in projects, assignments and service engagements.
- Experience in leading projects or teams, including demonstrated skills in using project management methodology (ASAP preferred), with proven track records in successfully completing projects according to an established methodology
Contribute to the vision of “Toronto better served through innovative Information Technology”
As North America’s fourth largest city and Canada’s financial and business capital, the City of Toronto is seeking innovative, proven information technology specialists to join our dynamic team, Help build a best practice IT organization that will be responsive in meeting the needs of our 240+ different lines of business involving more than 20,000 staff at 600+ sites.
Join the Toronto Public Service as a Senior Systems Integrator within our award-winning IT Division, supporting the City programs and services that ultimately serve approximately 2.8 million residents. The diversity of our IT applications, services and infrastructure mirrors the diversity of our citizens. This includes an infrastructure of over 22,300 desktops/notebooks/workstations, 2,100 servers, 1,000 applications and 1 Petabyte of data. We are proud to be recognized worldwide for our successful use of IT to attract leading-edge business, build skills, generate economic growth and improve government service delivery. Our talented teams are behind the creation of the City’s 3-1-1 Report It Online campaign, Toronto Public Library’s express checkout system and Canada Post’s ePost service.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.