The McMurray Group is a franchise company with 40+ A&W restaurants extending across British Columbia and the Yukon Territories. We take pride in offering our employees a job like no other, and a work environment that can’t be found anywhere else. Our working environment is based on respect and listening. Everyone’s efforts and results are recognized and celebrated.
A&W Restaurants in Williams Lake, BC is looking for 4 permanent full-time Shift Managers to start immediately.
Starting hourly wage is $14-15.75, depending upon experience and/or completion of in-house training. We also offer various benefits which include an extensive single or family Medical/Dental Benefit which comprises of Pharmaceuticals, Hospital Care, Paramedical, Medical Equipment, Travel, Visioncare, Long Term Disability, Basic and Optional Life, AD&D, along with an optional Group RSP.
Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible
Job Type: Full-time, permanent position. Work includes various shifts (Days, Evenings and Weekends).
Team Member’s Role:
You are an enthusiastic individual who works hard to deliver exceptional service to every guest, every time. As a cook or cashier, you are proud to serve great tasting food, made with care. You are a team player that arrives to work energized and motivated and you thrive in a fun, fast paced work environment.
What we can offer you:
- A flexible working schedule;
- Employee discounts;
- Great training and transferable skills;
- Opportunities for advancement
- Full range of medical and dental benefits;
- Competitive wage of $15/hour
Apply for this job if you:
- Have a passion for guest service and creating exceptional guest experiences;
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Have excellent communication skills;
- Enjoy learning new things;
- Have a ready smile and a warm personality;
- Are available to work 32-40 hours/week.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in food preparation
- Completion of a secondary school
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to deal well with a variety of people: customers, fellow employees and management
- Initiative, good judgment, and ability to make quick decisions under sometimes stressful conditions
- Responsible, reliable, honest
- High standard of cleanliness and hygiene
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Valid Food Safe Certificate (or agreement to obtain this within 60 days of promotion).
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Able to do some heavy lifting
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensures the well-being and safety of the customers and staff
- Works alongside employees to ensure restaurant is continually meeting production demands and standards for food quality, service times and service experience
- Opens/closes the restaurant, with access to the safe and/or float
- Complies with all cash management and accounting procedures
- Assigns work stations and manages breaks
- Resolves issues within their realm of authority concerning the restaurant, staff and customers according to restaurant policies. Documents all issues and ensures management has necessary information regarding these issues.
- Effectively uses the operating system to balance key goals of speed, food quality and cost management.
- Completes various tasks as requested by management that may include but is not limited to: daily and weekly paperwork, inventory, purchasing
- Trains and coaches staff as directed by management. May also assist with staff performance evaluations as required by management