Snr Corporate Banking Relationship Manager – Windsor. : 00008M7C
Employment Type: Regular
Big Clients, Big Opportunities
At HSBC, Relationship Manager Opportunities are like no other. Conversations with our commercial clients are different. We talk about their business growth ambitions, goals and understanding the obstacles holding them back. Our client discussions are more strategic because our solutions are broader than our competitors.
HSBC’s unique products are our competitive edge. We offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global network – cash management solutions to drive efficiency for the simplest domestic business or most complex International Corporation, trade financing to help manage risk and accelerate working capital – solutions that cannot be matched by our domestic competitors. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client’s requirements here and around the world.
A Day in the Life of a Relationship Manager
- Proactively seek, retain and expand high -value prospective customers locally and globally within Mid-Market Enterprise. This is achieved by building relationships with our existing and prospect customers and working closely with internal and external stakeholders to deliver the bank to our customers.
- Drive HSBC’s strategic objective to become the ‘Leading International Bank.’
- Build on our global network, recognizing the increasing globalization of the world’s economy and the increased value of international customers.
- With ever increasing competitive pressure and the need to drive income growth consistently, demonstrate resolute strength in transacting with high quality businesses and showing the value that HSBC can bring.
- Provide value- add advice and solutions that appropriately match client’s needs, maintaining service and customer excellence at the centre of all activity.
- Partner with internal experts and identify opportunities for Global liquidity and cash management needs, Global trade and receivables financing and Leasing opportunities.
- Adhere to control standards, identify and manage the risks associated with the customer relationship globally. These risks include but are not limited to credit risk, operational risk, and financial crime (Fraud and Anti-Money Laundering) risk.
- Work in partnership with colleagues across the HSBC network to deliver exceptional standards and quality of service
- Lead, inspire and motivate junior colleagues to ensure seamless RM service is delivered
- Conduct balance sheet and capital structure dialogue with clients, typically at the CEO level reflecting total group exposure
- Embody HSBC’s value and global standards in every aspect of operation as a Commercial Banking professional.
Do you take pride in finding new business opportunities? Are you an inspiring sales leader? An excellent communicator?
If yes, then you belong at HSBC Commercial Banking.
Learn more about HSBC
Our size and global reach means we offer many ways to develop your career at HSBC, locally and internationally.
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. Canada is a priority market for the HSBC Group – one of the world’s largest banking and financial services groups with assets of US$2,557bn at 30 September 2016. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 4,400 offices in 71 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
HSBC connects businesses to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, helping people fulfil their hopes and dreams and realize their ambitions. Our network covers more than 90 per cent of the world’s economic, trade and capital flows. We continue to make significant investments across all our business lines to grow our business in Canada providing the tools our customers need to do business internationally, and helping internationally-minded individuals manage their finances.
Be a part of the Team
At HSBC, how we do business is as important as what we do. For us, sustainability means building our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make. Our approach to sustainability focuses on three areas: sustainable finance, sustainable operations and sustainable communities. In 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
We are a diverse workforce and it is part of our organizational culture, it reflects our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization. We strive to implement a culture that is inclusive, diverse, positive and performance-oriented. Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Key to success in this role
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing commercial relationships of mid-market corporate size; Bachelor’s degree preferred but not essential
- Proven ability in identifying and meeting customer needs through matching a broad range of products and services
- Good level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
- Ability to interact with business customers at all levels and have strategic conversations with C- Suite Executives.
- Ability to structure and advise on more complex debt financing solutions. Including syndications, M&A financing and cash flow structures and other specialised lending solutions
- Working knowledge of debt capital markets, equity capital markets.
- Ability to collaborate with products partners such as Global Liquidity and Cash Management, Global Trade and Receivable Finance, Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets and Global Markets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical, good credit assessment skills, particularly with regard to more complex and structured facilities with an international dimension
- Proven ability to deliver creative and flexible customer solutions.
- Experience in cross border and multi-juridical lending is an asset
Job Field : Commercial Banking
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Windsor
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 28-Jan-2017, 14:45:56 Unposting Date : 28-Feb-2017, 02:59:00