Snr Relationship Manager – Commercial Real Estate -Toronto : 00008ORH
Employment Type: Regular
The role is required to lead Leverage Finance Origination (LAF/HLT – Highly Leveraged Transactions), Debt Finance Origination, advisory origination, selldown, Project and Export finance type of specialist transactions within a Corporate Commercial Real Estate team. The role is one of a “transactor team” in that they pull together the entire transaction and work alongside the RM team and bring in the specialist knowledge to structure a complex transaction. Responsible for ensuring the delivery of the strategic execution of CSB vision by focusing on costs & operational efficiency, deepening our wallet and leveraging our expertise in specialized finance with selective and careful investment in high value segments & a sharper focus on working the sponsor and management relationships to capture all ancillary opportunities. In addition the role is required to lead and develop a small team of analysts who will support this role
Impact on the Business
- Meet regularly with customers/prospects to assess financial needs, condition, and opportunities/risks facing the customer business and work with team to ensure they do the same in relation to the transaction
- Ensure portfolio pricing is generating appropriate return on RWAs both at a customer and portfolio level
- Work closely with the team to structure robust credit facilities for the transaction
- Ensure that robust credit structures are in place that will secure and protect the bank while meeting with the customer’s needs. Identify and strengthen weak structures.
- To lead and develop a team of CSB analysts to ensure delivery of the team’s financial plan, deliver best in class customer experience in line with the Corporate strategy.
- To engage/support closely with the RM teams to identify complex deals.
- To provide practical coaching, advice and guidance to the team to ensure that they have strong credit skills.
- Manage internal and external regulatory and operational requirements.
- Identify and mitigate risks or potential risks to HSBC, including but not limited to credit, fraud, operational, and reputational risk
Customers / Stakeholders
- Exercise full relationship management strategy on a portfolio of large relationship
- Manage team of analysts and work closely with RM teams to ensure that business opportunities are identified.
- Cooperate with Products and other Global Businesses to capture as much business as possible
- Ensure that analysts work closely with RM teams.
- Significant interaction with Executive Management within CMB, across the country as well as interaction with Executives in other country Group offices globally..
Leadership & Teamwork
- Provide visible and motivational leadership
- Use appropriate Group performance management tools to undertake individual performance reviews to maximize effectiveness of the team.
- Take a hands-on approach to coaching, ensuring development activities are a high priority with regular & productive use of Personal Development Plans with appropriate follow up, setting a personal example.
- Fully commit to develop a strategically aware mindset of the team.
- Promote a collective and inclusive culture to spread experience & best practice.
- Ensure development activities are a core priority and enable all team members to take reasonable time for learning and developmental activities.
- Coordinate/participate/pull product partners into the relationship to ensure appropriate coverage by product partners and alignment to agreed account objectives. Actively coach teams to do the same with their relationships
- Provide active feedback to seniors on process, operations, risks etc and how these can be changed to secure the customer and the bank.
- Work closely with team to structure credit facilities to ensure optimum balance between customer and HSBC interests while remaining within the bounds of prudent banking.
- Ensure that the team complete timely and in depth analysis/evaluations of reviews of customer financials and operating risks for all relationships in the portfolio
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- To continually manage and reassess the operational and compliance risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Monitor the consistent application of Group policy and manage all regulatory, financial and legal risks in the region.
- Driving efficient, accurate and timely processing of client requests and transactions
- Driving all internal review and/or external regulators’ requirements to ensure they are dealt with dealt with in an accurate and timely manner
- Compliance with and management of sales suitability risks and requirements
- Ensure all completed sales and prospecting activity documentation is appropriately completed, approved and stored to provide performance tracking, targeted future sales efforts and compliance with sales and transactional suitability guidelines and requirements
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned
- Growing sustainable income in a careful, considered and thoughtful manner whilst complying with the Bank’s risk appetite statement and building a balanced portfolio of risk and non-risk product revenues.
- Driving and demonstrating effective client interaction at main board room levels
- The role holder will be required to deal with sophisticated financial solutions and varying financial needs and credit risks of clients engaged in event driven transactions. Therefore the role holder must have a broad knowledge in business operations and banking services but in-depth knowledge of complex credit structures, Treasury and GB products and Trade as the role holder must gain the confidence of the customers’ decision makers so they are regarded as a key first point of senior contact.
- Cross border servicing is expected to be high with a view to connecting the client across the group is key. Keeping the client engaged is a major challenge.
- Interacting/engaging with product partners at all times is key to ensure that clients have the appropriate products and cross sell is at its maximum.
- The role holder will be expected to have wide connections within and outside of HSBC to maximize business development opportunities.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology. Additionally they will ensure they effectively manage sales suitability, money laundering, counter terrorist financing, fraud, and reputational risk.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder/s will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder (Director) will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators
- Minimum 10 years general banking experience in an executive position with exposure in sales, commercial lending and trade finance
- Minimum of 6-8 years experience in managing commercial relationships
- Strong understanding of all commercial banking products & services, credit assessment processes, approvals, etc
- Strong working knowledge of complex transactions and credit structures
- Robust understanding in all banking products, especially GM, GB , PCM, Trade, Private Banking, Insurance, and wealth management products
- Good commercial lending, risk assessment, trade finance experience
- Wide personal connections both internally and externally
- Excellent level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
- Ability to interact with business customers at a senior and strategic level
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
- Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to understand a customers business and the fundamentals of running a business
- Business related degree and regulated sales qualification (as relevant to each market)
- Knowledge of CMB’s international proposition / product capabilities.
- Broad knowledge of HSBC Group capabilities
Job Field : Commercial Banking
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 25-Jan-2017, 10:47:24 Unposting Date : 09-Feb-2017, 02:59:00