Software Development Manager
Express Scripts Canada seeks to hire a Software Development Manager. The role will join the technology group to manage a development team of full time, and onshore and offshore resources. This role will also be required to manage large and complex projects from initiation through to close out. The role works collaboratively with business stakeholders, vendors, technical resources and external customers to deliver reliable, consistent and customer focused implementations.
- Lead and Manage Non Insured Health Benefit development team of full time, onshore and offshore contract resources.
- Budget and forecast resources
- Manage the process related to the identification, assessment, prioritization, and staffing of operational requests for development. This includes the application of IT best practices in the process of incident management, problem management, change management, and release management
- Working collaboratively with other departments within Express Scripts Canada and provide IS operational and technical subject matter expertise in support of strategic initiatives. This can involve meeting and speaking directly with customers.
- Responsible for developing project plans, project estimates and negotiating project resources
- Plan and effectively manage User Acceptance testing with internal and external business partners
- Efficiently communicate with stakeholders to manage expectations, project progress and critical issues
- Post-secondary degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience with application software development
- Minimum 3 years of management and leadership experience in a development team
- 2-3 years of experience working with offshore teams
- Development experience in Angular or related Front-end Framework and Spring Boot or related Micro service frameworks.
- Familiarity with spring/struts framework and understanding on object-oriented programming.
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful. Experience/Knowledge of standards, structures and compliance to application standards and methodology.
- Ability to motivate and provide leadership and mentoring to employees and create a culture that supports high employee morale.
- Mentor individuals to maximize their strengths while raising awareness on Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines, limited travel and on-call rotation.
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions.
- Strong customer service focus, adaptable, flexible and willing to learn.
- Self-starter able to work in a dynamic environment and make independent decisions.
- Strong communication, presentation and listening skills.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS CANADA
Express Scripts Canada, a registered business name of ESI Canada, an Ontario partnership indirectly controlled by Express Scripts, Inc. (Nasdaq: ESRX), is one of Canada’s leading providers of health benefits management services. From its corporate headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, just outside Toronto, Express Scripts Canada provides a full range of integrated pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services to insurers, third-party administrators, plan sponsors and the public sector, including health-claims adjudication and processing services, Home Delivery Pharmacy Services, benefit-design consultation, drug-utilization review, formulary management, and medical and drug-data analysis services, to better facilitate the best possible health outcomes at the lowest possible cost.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate receives the Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation in order to receive Clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in this position, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone calls please.
For more information about Express Scripts Canada, visit its Web site at www.express-scripts.ca.