BC Public Service
Government Communications and Public Engagement
$60,531.87 – $69,104.56 annually + 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment
It is anticipated interviews for this competition will occur mid-June 2017
An excellent opportunity for a dedicated software development and programming professional.
As the Solutions Developer, you work as part of an application development team aiding in planning, designing, developing, testing, enhancing and maintaining applications of significant complexity and cost, across multiple platforms, environments and technologies requiring integration of new and legacy systems.
While working in an agile, .NET-centric environment and reporting to the Senior Solutions Developer, you will provide technical expertise and advice in the design and development of custom applications; design, code, test and implement application fixes; lead the technical implementation of custom applications; conduct technical quality assurance audits and post implementation reviews; and update, document and support related tools and utilities.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree, diploma or certificate in Computer Science or related discipline; or a minimum of 4 years of recent experience as a developer; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Experience with the following technologies:
- Experience developing C# .NET applications (.net core and .net 4 and up) in a Visual Studio IDE.
- Experience on agile project teams
- Experience in data modelling, process modelling, and/or business area analysis techniques.
- Experience troubleshooting, debugging and providing operational support for complex systems.
For more information on this career opportunity including how to apply online by June 1st 2017, please go to: https://search.employment.gov.bc.ca/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=41058