Company: A La Carte Kitchen Inc.
Business information: We are a premier events caterer providing a wide variety of services ready to meet your needs and exceed your expectations. From the initial idea and planning to the removal of the last decoration, we are at your side throughout. Whether it is a large corporate function or an intimate social gathering in your home, creating smashing successes is our culinary and event planning specialty
Business address: 43-2 Thorncliffe Park Drive, Toronto ON M4H 1H2
Work Location: Main location is Production/Catering Kitchen at: 43-2 Thorncliffe Park Drive, Toronto ON M4H 1H2. Also as part of the banquets services we offer the chef will potentially travel to various locations within the Greater Toronto Area.
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Sous-Chefs specific skills:
- Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
- Create new recipes
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and new equipment to cooking staff
- Estimate food requirements and food and labour costs
- Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- Consult with sale staffs regarding weddings, banquets and specialty functions
- Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities of several locations
- Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
- Analyze operating costs and other data
- Prepare and cook on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions
- Requisition food and kitchen supplies
- Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required. Higher level of education is an asset
- Language skills – English & French are required as we have many English and French-speaking customers.
- Ability to speak German is an asset
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience is required.
We are launching a new line of menus and to meet an ever-increasing demand for specialty diet cuisines we are looking for an individual with the following:
- Demonstrable experience in Ayurvedic cuisine
- The ability to source out and work with a variety of ingredients in order to create healthy and balanced menus based on body types within the Ayurveda method
- Knowledge in foraging and the ability to create menus that are reflective of the natural vegetation in Ontario.
- Experience in hearth cooking methods and knowledge in cutting and cooking game meat
- Experience in traditional and classic French, German and Italian Cuisine
- Demonstrable European experience as a saucier (with specialty in Demi-glace & Gremolata sauces)
Salary: $25.00 hourly – 35 to 48 hours per week
Benefits: We provide uniforms, one meal per shift, transportation events, WSIB and CPP.
Flexibility in schedule is required. The chef will work from Monday to Friday from 9AM to 3PM. On-site work at events could be evenings and weekends depending on volume of work. The chef may be required to work extended hours. Flexibility on schedule is required.