Specialist, Credit Card Lending – First Nations/Metis/Inuit Candidates-1900014212
We invite all experienced and aspiring First Nations / Metis / Inuit professionals to apply to roles featured on BMO’s Indigenous Careers landing page, as well as all of those on BMO’s Careers page. Qualified First Nations / Metis / Inuit applicants applying through these postings will be considered for open job vacancies, where they exist, or added to our Indigenous Talent Network and matched to other upcoming opportunities.
This is part of BMO’s ongoing commitment to Indigenous applicants. Our recruitment team will reach out to those selected for further consideration.
The Specialist, Credit Card Lending is accountable to provide exceptional sales and service to BMO customers or prospects by handling personal credit card loan applications submitted to the Customer Contact Centre via all communication channels including telephone and/or electronically (as assigned). This role is accountable to advise customers on personal credit card loan products and services that meet the customer’s credit card objectives, and fulfill sales & service activities for the customer in accordance with approved procedures. The role will adjudicate credit card loans in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with Bank Policy & Procedures. The Specialist, Credit Card Lending will also pre-screen card applications for complete information and documentation and proactively contact customers directly for support documentation
90% Sales and Service:
– Provide exceptional sales and service to BMO customers or prospects by handling incoming calls to the NACCC in an informed, professional and efficient manner.
– Probe to understand client needs and provide advice related to cards lending strategies that meet the client’s objectives and manage all transactional outcomes of the call in a professional and accurate manner (e.g., complete any relevant administration requirements).
– Identify opportunities to make qualified referrals to other groups within the NACCC as identified within the NACCC to ensure that client needs are met.
– Process customer requests, following established processes including generating service requests in order to complete financial and non-financial transactions, accurately, within specified time frames and in accordance with Bank policies and procedures
– Proactively address and resolve any customer issue or concern presented in an incoming call. This may include investigating in BMO systems to understand the underlying root cause and escalate as required to resolve the customer concern. Escalate complex or unresolved escalated customer situations to the Assistant Manager/Manager as required.
– Follow all BMO policies and procedures during customer calls in order to minimize risk to the business and provide the customer with appropriate information as per established regulations. Perform any required documentation after the call is completed to ensure an accurate processing of any client request.
– Maintain current knowledge of the banking industry, practises and trends and integrate into client conversations in a professional manner.
– Use applicable technology and tools to facilitate an effective conversation with the customer and drive appropriate business results.
– Integrate marketing promotions and programs into the customer conversation where appropriate to demonstrate added value to the customer, completing any necessary administration, as appropriate
10% Operational Effectiveness:
– Identify process improvement opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness of team and still maintain an exceptional level of service to the customer. Make recommendations to the Assistant Manager/Manager.
– Protect BMO assets by adhering to all applicable personal banking, commercial banking, investment and lending regulations, policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, process requirements and established risk guidelines.
– Maintain the confidentiality of both customer and Bank information to protect the customer and the Bank and to ensure compliance with Bank policies and procedures
– Follow security and safeguarding procedures in accordance with Bank P&P for the prevention of loss due to fraud, money laundering or defalcation; identify and report suspicious and other reportable transactions or patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering.
– Understand regulatory and compliance requirements that include, but are not limited to, Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing reporting requirements, Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) consumer provision requirements and Privacy Act provisions, in accordance with Bank policies and procedures; take appropriate action.
– Understand risks and take appropriate actions as they relate to cards lending products, including all documentation, and any other requirements to maintain operational integrity within BMO Direct Banking and BMO Financial Group.
Completed high school education, or equivalent work experience
Credit Qualified with Limits
Knowledge of the cards lending process
Knowledge of all operational processes and supporting applications and policies
Knowledge of Credit Cards products & Services and loan documentation
Knowledge of competitive market place and trends in product offerings
Knowledge and understanding of cards lending technologies
Good knowledge of call centre technology, processes and metrics
Bilingual- French and English
Communication skills (verbal & written) (In-depth)
Proven conflict resolution skills (Working)
Organizational awareness (Basic)
Some success working in a similar and/or related sales & service environment (Basic)
Some understanding of Risk Management & Compliance (Basic)
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.