Company: J G Arts Farms Ltd.
Business information: J G Arts Farms is located 5 min west of Mount Brygdes (20 min west of London), Ontario; currently operating a single site 650 sow farrow to finish farm. We also have a land base and broiler chicken operation for diversity and to supply the feed needs of the swine operation in order to provide long term market stability. This worker will be working with the swine division of the company
Business Address: 8830 Indale Dr., Mount Brydges, ON, N0L 1W0
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment:Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date:As soon as possible
- Feed inventory
- Farm animal grooming
- Livestock branding
- Processing pig litters
- Shearing with knife
- Handling animals
- Carry out a pasture or pen breeding programs
- Formulate feeding program
- Follow safety and bio-security procedures
- Recognize and treat certain livestock health problems
- Maintain livestock performance records
- Select livestock for sale
- Monitoring animal health
- Maintain work records and logs
- Perform general farm duties
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Hire and train staff
- May supervise general farm workers.
- All other swine related test
-Education: Completion of high school
-Experience: At least two years of experience or a post-secondary certificate is required.
– Must have a valid G licence
– Must have own reliable mode of transportation
– Positive attitude
– Must be able to lift 25 kg
– Must be able to work both independently as well as with a team
– Applicants must be willing to learn, be punctual, have a great attitude and be able to work as part of a cooperative team.
– Must be able to work within a very dirty and very dusty environment
– Flexible hours
Salary: $18.00 per hour, 30 – 50 hours weekly
Benefits:We will provide uniforms and appropriate personal safety equipment for the job. We pay vacations and overtime to the workers. We provide disability insurance.
Important Information:Work schedule Monday to Friday from 7:00AM to 4:00PM with weekend work every third weekend.
Apply by e-mail to:email@example.com