Company: Red Leaf Architectural Products Inc./ Red Leaf Stone
Business information:The origins of the Red Leaf Group began in 1983 as Architectural Stonemasonry (ASM) carved out a reputation of one of Vancouver’s finest stonemasonry companies. The company’s background and history stems from cathedral stone restoration in England. Its operations in the lower mainland included natural stone fabrication, carving and installation for high end residential, commercial and ecumenical projects.
Business address: 30640 Marshall Road, Abbotsford BC V2T6J7
Work location: Work involves multiple locationsin West Vancouver, Vancouver and Victoria, BC
Type of employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated start date:As soon as possible
- Prepare and lay bricks, structural tiles or other masonry units
- Lay stone, bricks or similar materials to provide veneer facing and mechanically anchored cladding
- Construct and install prefabricated masonry units with and without mechanical anchoring systems
- Build patios, garden walls and other decorative installations
- Read sketches and blueprints to calculate materials required
- Cut and trim stone and bricks and concrete blocks to specification using hand and power tools
- Lay bricks or other masonry units to build residential or commercial chimneys and fireplaces
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
- Instruct apprentices
- Supervise other workers
- Restore and clean existing masonry structures
- Layout and preparation of work area
- Read prepared shop drawings for accurate installation
- Mechanically attached pre-cut & fabricated natural stone elements
- Accurately install reflecting stone joints and patters
- Move stone around job site to install area using cable hoist and chainfalls
- Mortar set stones where required
-Completion of high school is required.
– Four years of work experience in the occupation is required due to the complex projects for which we are hired.
– Experience with dimensional and mechanically anchored stone installations is a must.
– Overtime required.
Knowledge and skills:
- Safety consciousness
- Ability to read shop drawings
- Organized approach to task management
- Exceptional work ethic to complete work in a high quality manner
Salary:$32.00 to $34.00Hourly, 40 Hours per week
Work schedule:7:30AM to 4:00PM on weekdays. Two days off on Saturdays and Sundays. Extended hours as necessary. Occasional weekend work. Must have flexible availability due to site visits and work deadlines.
– Work conditions and physical capabilities: physically demanding, handling heavy loads, standing for extended periods; bending, crouching, kneeling
– Major Work Area: construction
– Work setting: commercial, residential and institutional
Benefits: Medical insurance
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 30640 Marshall Road, Abbotsford BC V2T6J7