- Atlantic NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » Strategic Business Advisor
Strategic Business Advisor
|Date||October 19, 2019|
|Company||Interior Health Authority|
|Category||Medical / Health|
|Client||Interior Health Authority|
Strategic Business Advisor
The Strategic Business Advisor is responsible for supporting the Physician Compensation Team and the Medical Affairs portfolio in maximizing value and minimizing risk in relationships with physicians. The Strategic Business Advisor will focus on providing appropriate and timely information and support to the Manager, Physician Compensation.The primary focus of the Strategic Business Advisor is to maintain a thorough knowledge of the Ministry of Health, Health Authority, and physician contract negotiation processes and systems and be the link between the operational contract processes and the strategic negotiation processes of the Team.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supports the Manager in the review and development of contract processes to ensure that new processes are strategically appropriate.
2. Advises Interior Health (IH) Managers on the strategic implications of contractual decisions and on appropriate action regarding the application for clinical service and administrative contracts and termination policies.
3. Provides first-line analysis of strategic reports as required by the Manager.
4. Provides administrative and data support to the Manager in project work.
5. Ensures the smooth working and continuous development of the performance management system including data collection, processes, validation, and management.
6. Supports the Manager in the development of training materials and policies such as change of service provider, subcontracting, and other issues of contractual compliance or intended change.
7. Provides the Manager with information to support contract renewal and new contract negotiation.
8. Supports the relationships between Manager and others within the Medical Affairs team on strategic issues.
9. Provides backup to other Advisors and Physician Compensation Assistants and Analysts, as required.
10. Performs other duties as requested by the Manager.
|• A post-secondary diploma in a related field.
• A minimum of five years of experience in a complex environment, preferably in contract management.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Basic accounting knowledge is required.
• Expert knowledge of Word and Excel.LEADS Capabilities
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
• Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
• Engages Others – communicates effectively
• Achieves Results – takes action to implement decisions, assesses & evaluates results
• Develops Coalitions – mobilizes knowledge, demonstrates a commitment to customers & service
• System Transformation – encourages and supports innovation, champions & orchestrates change
Skills and Abilities
* All postings with a closing date specified close at 11:59 pm PT
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: