Sunrise Freight Systems Inc., a large transportation company based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia is now hiring four (4) Full Time Long Haul Truck Drivers!
Sunrise Freight Systems provides transportation services between Ontario, Montreal, and the Maritimes, and the Midwest: Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas and Wisconsin. If you meet the requirements listed below and want to be part of a winning team, please contact us.
This role involves working various and long hours.
Must be able to work without supervision.
Requires travel to other Canadian provinces and the USA.
Must have clean driving abstract.
- Operate and drive trucks to transport goods and material to destinations
- Oversee all aspects of vehicles, such as condition of equipment, loading and unloading, and safety and security of cargo
- ensuring safety and security of cargo
- Receive and relay information to central dispatcher
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle systems and equipment such as tires, lights, brakes and cold storage and create inspection report
- Record cargo information, distance travelled, fuel consumption and other information in log book or on on-board computer
- Communicate with dispatcher and other drivers using two-way radio, cellular telephone and on-board computer
Education and Experience:
Completion of High School
Driver’s Licence (Class 1 or A), Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
Language: Some English
Wage: $20.00 /hourly OR 0.40 cents/Mile at a rate of 50 Miles per hour
How to apply:
112 Woodlawn Road, Suite 211
We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, aboriginal peoples, members of a visible minority and more!