Please note: The salary/rate reflects 2016 rates.
Reporting to the Manager of Contracts, Tenders & Payments, the Supervisor Contracts Tenders and Payments will supervise the provision of contract support services including procurement, contract administration, payment, archival and clerical support.
- Supervises, motivates and trains assigned staff, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, continuous learning and encourages innovation in others.
- Supervises the day to day operation of all assigned staff including the scheduling, assigning and reviewing of work. Authorizes and coordinates vacation and overtime requests. Monitors and evaluates staff performance, approves salary increments, hears grievances and recommends disciplinary action when necessary.
- Provides input into and administers assigned budget, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Acts as the Division’s principle liaison with the Procurement and Materials Management Division (PMMD), Finance Department, Insurance & Risk Management and Legal Services staff on matters related to tender calls and requests for proposals, and the execution of the corresponding contracts and agreements.
- Supervises the preparation of call documents for the procurement of professional services and construction services including construction tender documents, Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Requests for Quotations (RFQ). Reviews tender submissions. Prepares documents for and coordinates the award of contracts. Prepares and processes progress payments for construction contracts, payments for invoices and operating expenditures. Ensures all appropriate holdbacks are retained. Manages these documents for storage and archive purposes.
- Ensures contractual obligations and City policies and procedures related to payments are met in accordance with construction contracts and consultant agreements
- Ensures the provision and tracking of lien searches in compliance with the Construction Lien Act
- Liaises and follows up with Project Managers, Senior Project Managers, Purchasing & Materials Management, Legal and other City staff with respect to claims, litigation issues on contracts and to ensure all required approvals and permits are obtained and maintained for all contracts
- Provides payment support services to various sections/units of the Engineering & Construction Services Division
- Provides analysis and reports on various responsibilities and implements detailed plans and recommends policies/procedures for the unit
- Supports and promotes the Division’s vision, strategic plan and change initiatives through leadership, participation, communication with direct reports and application of functional policy
- Implements detailed plans and recommends policies/procedures regarding program specific requirements.
- Develops and manages client and stakeholder expectations and relationships through effective service agreements, communication and monitoring of commitments and obligations.
- Represents the Division/Cluster/Corporation at a variety of meetings with clients, stakeholders and service providers
- Considerable experience in the procurement of construction and professional services; contract preparation; execution and administration; and project cost control and accounting.
- Considerable experience in assisting the tender preparation of construction documents, requests for proposals for professional services assignments, request for quotations, and execution of the corresponding contracts and agreements.
- Considerable experience in the preparation, scheduling, processing, tracking and reporting of progress payments for construction contracts and payments for invoices for professional services contracts; and the application, tracking and release of appropriate holdbacks.
- Considerable experience with financial reporting processes including budget preparation and control, expenditure forecasting, preparation and interpretation of financial reports; and reporting on key performance indicators.
- Post secondary education in Finance or Project Management or a related discipline, combined with relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to lead, motivate, train, provide direction and supervise support staff in a fast paced environment
- Ability to prepare financial statements and invoices for cost recovery on construction and professional services contracts as well as prepare year-end liability statements and account reconciliation.
- Ability to work in a highly demanding work environment with many competing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization and to forge solid internal and external relationships with clients.
- Excellent leadership, results management and change management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, negotiating and problem-solving skills
- Ability to establish effective and strong working relationships and trust with multiple stakeholders including staff, client divisions, outside agencies, politicians and other orders of government.
- Ability to motivate a diverse work force, promote and foster effective teamwork and establish excellence in a customer service oriented environment.
- Familiarity with Federal and Provincial regulations and requirements including the Construction Lien Act, the City’s Financial and Procurement Policies, as well as contract law.
- Knowledge of relevant employment legislation including Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Act, and the Occupational Health & Safety.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the job ID #2260763 and the job classification title.