Support Associate : 00008M6N
Employment Type: Regular
To provide a full range support duties to the team or business, including operational and customer service as required, ensuring deadlines are met. The role holder is expected to ensure they provide a high quality service to their internal and external customers, taking ownership and using their initiative to complete necessary tasks.
Impact on the Business
- Provide full operational support to the team or function, as required, anticipating workload and supporting with appropriate materials
- Manage operational tasks as required
- Ad hoc duties as required by the team or business
Customers / Stakeholders
- Provide excellent customer service at all times
- Work collaboratively with the wider team
- Focus on the end user – the HSBC customers at all times (internal or external)
- Own and resolves issues with all stakeholders or customers and escalate where approporiate
- Deal effectively and efficiently with external Suppliers, as required
- Fully understands the media policy and how this applies to their role
Leadership & Teamwork
- Acts as a role model for our Group Values and behaviours (Open, Connected, Dependable), supporting colleagues and customers to deliver superior customer service through these values.
- Acts a as mentor to assist new joiners as required
- Provides training to new joiners/junior employees as required
- Values diversity amongst team
- Good, flexible, proactive and enthusiastic team player
- Live the Group Values
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards
- Awareness of all elements of Operational Risk & Compliance associated with the role in
- As appropriate, participation in technical and soft skills training
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Achieving customer excellence in every contact
- Supporting a Manager or small team in a challenging and ever changing environment
- Understanding updates on procedural changes and compliance
- Working under pressure
- Managing a team and working within a demanding environment, the roleholder is involved in the full spectrum of work and/or issues dealt with by their team.
- This role requires the jobholder to have a good knowledge and understanding of their business area and how it operates
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring. Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience working in an administrative role or team
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with experience of working under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability of using their initiative
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively
- Thorough understanding of bank and departmental procedures, functions and activities
- Experience of having worked in a Corporate environment
- Good computer and IT skills, including all Microsoft packages
Job Field : Commercial Banking
Primary Location : North America-Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 05-Jan-2017, 17:28:54 Unposting Date : 17-Jan-2017, 02:59:00