As a team member in the Information & Technology Division, the Systems Integrator 1 (Developer) will provide expertise and advice related to solution development and sustainment.
The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Develops System solution including implementation and sustainment
- Establishes and maintains business relationships with clients to discuss/assess clients’ needs
- Prepares terms of reference, project charter, statements of work and project plans
- Identifies risks and prepares action plans to mitigate
- Conducts or leads team in delivery of projects or work packages
- Liaises and coordinates with internal and external groups on accomplishment of deliverables
- Prepares and presents status report and variance explanation for projects or work packages
- Prepares findings and “Lessons Learned” from post-implementation project reviews
- Assesses, analyzes, evaluates and recommends process and policy alternatives for projects and work packages
- Redesigns business principles, processes, policies and standards by recommending best practices and improvements to current processes
- Determines business requirements including functional requirements and builds consensus amongst clients
- Prepares Business Plans, Impact Assessments, Gap Analysis, Logical Data Models and Design documents for proposed solutions that leverage information and technology as part of the solution
- Provides input to Data Management teams on transformation of clients’ business requirements
- Recommends improvements to current methodology, process, standards, and policies
- Assists staff in understanding of business processes and logic
- Liaises with staff in development of test strategy, test cases and test scripts for system, performance, usability and acceptance testing of system solutions developed
- Leads team in the preparation of implementation and rollout strategies and plans
- Conducts walk through of deliverables to identify potential problems
- Prepares training material and documentation for use by clients and staff
- Conducts training for client and their staff
- Collaborates with clients on “Go/No Go” cut-over decisions, e.g. roll-outs
Your application for the role of Systems Integrator 1 (Developer) should describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline with extensive system development life-cycle experience in large-scale IT solutions, or the approved equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Considerable working experience in:
- Solution design and computer programming using Java development software and tools in a Java Enterprise Edition computing environment.
- Data analysis, using SQL and Oracle PL/SQL coding techniques to extract, and report upon, information, business trends, insights and metrics from data stored in the database.
- Writing solution architecture documentation, using structured systems analysis and design techniques, systems development methodologies and templates.
- Integrated workflow management solution support that serve the areas of asset management, including planning, program management, project delivery, contract management, cost recovery, service requests and work orders using web, geospatial and mobile technology.
- Experience eliciting, driving and/or developing solution requirements to ensure that business needs and requirements have been adequately defined and/or the root cause of the problem accurately stated.
- Experience using Java frameworks (i.e., Struts and Spring), Java APIs, (i.e. REST, JSON and XML) and using C/C++ including Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Data modeling experience using database software and tools (i.e., CA ERWin, Oracle SQL Developer).
- Solution design and computer programming using Oracle APEX and/or Crystal Report software and tools would be an asset.
- Experience using some of the following or equivalent tools and methodologies is required: Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Bates Project Management Methodology (PMBOK compliant), SAP Enterprise Resource Planning, Java Enterprise Edition (JEE), Oracle Database, Oracle Data Warehouse, Oracle Application Express, SAP Crystal Reports, IBM WebSphere, IBM RAD, IBM ClearCase, Software AG webMethods, CA Erwin, CA UniCentre, ESRI ArcGIS, Novell NetWare, Novell eDirectory, Compuware Uniface, MS Server, MS .Net, MS SQL Server, HP Testing Suite, SAP PowerBuilder and the Unified Software Development Process.
You must also have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem-solving, leadership, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service orientation along with a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment and independently, as required.
- Advanced time management and estimation capabilities and ability to perform several tasks and projects concurrently.
- Ability to develop technology standards, techniques and product specifications.
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies and skills to evaluate and recommend new technology for introduction into a complex technical environment.
- Ability to develop project plans, projections and cost/benefit analysis of proposed solutions.
- Ability to develop, maintain and execute both test plans and disaster recovery plans.
- Enterprise service bus application integration design and development knowledge (i.e., webMethods).
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including days, afternoons, nights and weekends, as required.
- Ability to be on-call to support production systems.
- Ability to travel across various office locations within the City of Toronto, as required.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
To avoid any delays in the recruitment process, if you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, you must provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to Human Resources to support your request for accommodation.