Teach For Canada is a non-profit organization that works with northern First Nations communities to recruit, prepare, and support outstanding teachers.
What does a successful northern educator look like? They overcome challenges with flexibility and bring community into their classroom. Outside of school, they get involved in the community, lead extracurricular activities, and explore the natural environment. But above all, they come humbly to learn as much as they teach.
Teach for Canada provides selected teachers with 3 weeks of preparation and 2 years of professional support. Together, we work with communities to fill Canada’s largest education gap.
- Certified or certification-eligible to teach in a Canadian province or territory.
- Have legal working status in Canada for at least two years.
- Available to attend the Summer Enrichment Program from July 16 to August 6, 2017 (all-expenses covered by Teach For Canada).
- Able to relocate and teach full-time in a rural First Nations community in northern Ontario.
- Apply at teachforcanada.ca/apply by April 1, 2017
- Introductory interviews: April 7 – April 11, 2017
- Fit interviews: April 15 – April 23, 2017
- Reference checks: April 27 – May 4, 2017
- Final selection: May 5, 2017
Selected teachers are matched with communities from May 12 – July 10, 2017. Successful candidates will start teaching in September 2017.