Teach For Canada is recruiting community-focused teachers for full-time teaching positions in a First Nation in northern Ontario.
Teach for Canada provides selected teachers with 3 weeks of preparation and 2 years of professional support. Together, we work with communities to fill Canada’s largest education gap.
- Certified or certification-eligible to teach in a Canadian province or territory.
- Have legal working status in Canada for at least two years.
- Available to attend the Summer Enrichment Program from July 16 to August 5, 2017 (all-expenses covered by Teach For Canada).
- Able to relocate and teach full-time in a rural First Nations community in northern Ontario.
What we look for:
What does a successful northern educator look like? They overcome challenges with flexibility and bring community into their classroom. Outside of school, they get involved in the community, lead extracurricular activities, and explore the natural environment. But above all, they come humbly to learn as much as they teach.
As an organization that works with Indigenous communities, we value Indigenous role-models in the classroom and encourage Indigenous candidates to apply.
Apply at teachforcanada.ca/apply by June 4, 2017.
- Introductory interviews: June 12, 2017
- Fit interviews: June 17, 2017
- Reference checks: June 15 – 18, 2017
- Final selection: June 21, 2017
Selected teachers are matched with communities from June 28 – July 15, 2017
Successful candidates will start teaching in September 2017.