Job Term: Full-time, contract
Salary range: $38,000 – $42,000 per year, prorated to contract duration
Contract dates: Early January 2019 – July 12, 2019
Location: Toronto, ON
Application method: Cover letter and resume sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: October 19, 2018
Interview dates: Initial phone interviews: October 29 – November 5, Full interviews: November 13 – 15, & 17
Desired experience: 1 – 2 years’ experience working in an office environment
Overall, Canadian education is a success story. But high overall quality masks deep inequality. On First Nations reserves, 3 in 5 students do not complete high school. Small communities often face challenges recruiting and retaining teachers. And, too often, new teachers arrive in northern and Indigenous communities without the preparation and support they need to succeed—and stay—in the classroom.
Teach For Canada has joined northern First Nations communities in the movement to make education more equal. We are a non-profit organization that recruits, prepares, and supports outstanding certified teachers.
We dream big. Teach For Canada believes that committed, passionate teachers with strong leadership characteristics can ignite positive change. Our small, tightly knit team works hard to create meaningful impact. For a Teacher Recruitment Coordinator, this means working several weekends during the year. Work-life balance is a priority, and we provide lieu time off for high-intensity work periods.
If you prefer working alone, dislike uncertainty, and adhere to a very strict schedule, then Teach For Canada probably isn’t right for you. But if you’re looking for a fun, fast-paced, multi-faceted, energizing, and rewarding work environment that will push you every single day, then we want to hear from you.
The Teacher Recruitment Coordinator supports several aspects of the recruitment, selection and matching processes. Specific responsibilities include:
- Submit job postings to national and regional job boards
- Design and post ads on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and others
- Design and send emails to applicants through bulk email software
- Coordinate pre-interview material preparation, including printing and organizing resumes, cover letters, and other documents
- Coordinate technology for teacher interviews, including ordering resources, setting up laptops and recording software, and troubleshooting technical issues
- Support post-interview material organization, including adding panelists’ rubrics to Salesforce CRM
- Trim and edit interview video files and upload to an online database and USBs
- Prepare handover files and notes for Teacher Development on selected teachers
- Perform other recruitment, selection and matching tasks as needed
- You are respectful of Indigenous cultures and histories: You have a deep respect for the history, culture, and goals of Indigenous communities in Canada. You care that goals are reached in the right way.
- You are a tech expert: You are highly proficient with Microsoft Windows, Google Suite, video editing, and video conferencing. You learn other tech quickly.
- You are a planner: You prioritize and plan to effectively meet competing deadlines.
- You are detail oriented: You believe that if something is worth doing, it is worth doing right—every single time. You plan ahead and proactively solve challenges.
- You communicate clearly: You write well and speak eloquently. You appreciate nuanced language that is inspirational and honest.
- You are a team player: You recognize the strengths of others, collaborate well, and crave feedback.
Please send one PDF file containing a resume and cover letter highlighting the skills and experience you will bring to this role, to email@example.com by October 19, 2018. The successful candidate will be required to apply for and obtain a Police Records Check for the vulnerable sector.
Teach For Canada is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that works with Indigenous communities, we value Indigenous perspectives in the workplace and encourage Indigenous candidates to apply.