JOIN THE CANADIAN MUSEUM OF HISTORY
The Canadian Museum of History offers you a place to develop your career and to accomplish rewarding and meaningful work in an inclusive and engaging work environment dedicated to museological excellence.
Team Leader, Security Services
Permanent Full-Time Position
Position Number 10269
The Canadian Museum of History is looking for an experienced Team Leader, Security Services. Reporting to the Manager, Security Services, your key responsibilities will include:
- Supervising the work of the Control Room Officers and the Security Officers on assigned security platoon;
- Scheduling and directing contract security services; monitors and controls interfaced computerized alarm systems;
- Responding to alarms and requests for assistance; as a member of the security team,
- Be responsible to maintain and improve the quality, consistency and delivery of security services;
- Responding to emergency and disaster situations;
- Performs other related duties.
Successful candidates have the following qualifications, which are a deciding measure of success for this challenging opportunity:
A minimum of two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in:
- In the use of the following computer systems: Site Secure, Pelco, and Facility Commander;
- In the operation of a radio dispatch system;
- In report writing;
- In enforcing control measures;
- In supervision of security forces personnel.Knowledge:
- Of the principles of protecting material buildings, information and people;
- Of emergency practices;
- Of the principles of physical security;
- Of graphics and plan readingEducation: A two (2) year College Diploma in Law Enforcement or other accredited two (2) year professional training in security.Core competencies: Client Focus; Concern for Order and Quality; Action oriented; Effective communication; Team Leadership.
The Canadian Museum of History is committed to the principles of employment equity and to achieving a workforce that is representative of the Canadian population. We strongly encourage candidates to self-identify if they are an Aboriginal Person, a member of a visible minority group, a person with a disability or a woman.
If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
We thank all candidates for showing interest in our Museum; however, only retained candidates will be contacted.
Bring your expertise to this position at the Canadian Museum of History. Apply no later than November 7, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. as instructed on the website: www.historymuseum.ca/careers under “Current Job Opportunities.”
Compensation: $46,436 – $58,546 (Job classification: E4)
Language: BBB imperative (for a detailed definition of the linguistic level required, access our website.) We encourage all candidates to submit their nomination, regardless of whether they believe they meet the linguistic requirements of the position. As part of its hiring process, the Museum sends qualified candidates for linguistic validation to determine their language proficiency.
Security Clearance: Enhanced reliability
Open to: Museum employees, external candidates and/or candidates from our inventory. The Canadian Museum of History may keep the information received from candidates for consideration for other similar positions. Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.