JOIN THE CANADIAN MUSEUM OF HISTORY
The Canadian Museum of History (CMH) offers you a place to develop your career and to accomplish rewarding and meaningful work in an inclusive and engaging work environment dedicated to museological excellence.
Technical Lead, Business Continuity and IT Security
Permanent Full-Time Position
Position Number 10429
We are looking for an experienced Technical Lead, Business Continuity and IT Security to join our Information Technology Division. Reporting to the Manager, Business Continuity and IT Security at the CMH, your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical oversight and advice for IT security systems and IT security policies and procedures;
- Ensuring quality assessment, testing and continuous improvement;
- Interacting with the Museum’s IT outsource vendors to develop and implement guidelines and processes;
- Maintaining project documentation;
- Assisting in the planning of IT security requirements for the Museum;
- Performing other related duties.
Successful candidates have the following qualifications, which are a deciding measure of success for this challenging opportunity:
Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in:
- Implementing initiatives related to Information Technology;
- Developing of policies and procedures linked to Information Technology security;
- Communicating complex ideas in simple terms, gathering requirements, planning, problem solving, and presentation skills;
- Overseeing multiple initiatives and effectively interfacing with external contractors as well as business stakeholders;
- Project resourcing, estimation, costing, risk management, negotiation, deployment, and support and maintenance;
- Assessing IT risks (in terms of information management, risk to the security level, etc.);
- Planning activities to verify compliance and security systems (e.g. intrusion testing, vulnerability testing, etc.);
- Preparing reports and planning documentation;
- Hosting meetings in both official languages;
- Working with the following software: AutoCAD, word processing (Word); spreadsheet (Excel); PowerPoint, Visio and email (Outlook).
- Principles and processes for Information Technology initiatives, risk management, cost control, and client management;
- IT security project development life cycle and best practices;
- Structured networking (routing, switching, VLAN, WAN, LAN, WiFi);
- IP security systems (Access Control, IP cameras, management console);
- Concepts of IP telecommunication (SIP, unified communication);
- IT service delivery;
- Federal acts and regulations such as, Privacy Act, and other applicable regulatory codes;
- Current and emerging trends in IT security technology;
- ITIL and COBIT frameworks (is considered and asset);
- IT security best practices;
- Best practices in establishing business continuity plans.Education: University Degree in Computer Science or related field with a speciality in Information Technology Security, or an equivalent combination of eduction and experience. A project management certification would be an asset.Core competencies: Analytical Thinking; Flexibility; Enhancing Efficiency; Planning; Client Focus; Teamwork and Collaboration.
The Canadian Museum of History is committed to the principles of employment equity and to achieving a workforce that is representative of the Canadian population. We strongly encourage candidates to self-identify if they are an Aboriginal Person, a member of a visible minority group, a person with a disability or a woman.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment processes and work environments. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all candidates for showing interest; however, only retained candidates will be contacted. The results of this competition may be used to staff similar temporary or permanent positions over the next twelve months, following the results of the competition.
Bring your expertise to this position at the Canadian Museum of History. Apply no later than December 18, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. as instructed on the website: www.historymuseum.ca/careers under “Current Job Opportunities.”
Compensation: $66,942 – $87,913 (Job classification: E7)
Language: CBC imperative (for a detailed definition of the linguistic level required, access our website). We encourage all candidates to submit their nomination, regardless of whether they believe they meet the linguistic requirements of the position. As part of its hiring process, the Museum sends qualified candidates for linguistic validation to determine their language proficiency.
Security Clearance: Enhanced reliability
Open to: Museum employees, external candidates and/or candidates from our inventory. Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.