Employer: Imperial Ceramica Ltd.
Employer Business address: 11798 92 Avenue Delta, BC V4C 3L4
Job Title: Tile Setter (7283)
Job Type: Full-time and permanent
Wage: $24.50/hour for 40 hours/week
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Prepare, measure and mark surface to be covered
- Build underbeds and install anchor bolts, wires and brackets
- Align and straighten tile using levels, squares and straightedges
- Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and opening using hand and power cutting tools
- Mix, lay and polish terra surfaces
- Mix, apply and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand towel
- Set tiles in position and apply pressure to affix tiles to base
- Cut, polish and install marble and granite
- Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles
- Pack grout into joints between tiles and remove excess grout
- May prepare cost estimates and orders
Education: Completion of secondary school is required
Work experience: 3 years’ work experience or 3 years’ of experience which is a combination of experience/apprenticeship.
Essential Skills: Problem solving, decision making, significant use of memory, continuous learning
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Work under pressure, fast-paced environment, combination of crouching, bending, and standing
Location of Work:
Candidates will be required to work for various locations in Greater Vancouver & Lower Mainland depend upon the Company’s contracts.
Security and safety guidelines must always be kept in mind and be strictly followed at all the times. Hard hat, safety glasses and steel toe-cap shoes are must while performing the job duties. We provide safety gears.
Other: Relocation expenses will be covered by the employer. Candidate should be willing to work on all shifts (evening & weekends). Candidates legally entitled to work in Canada may apply via email at: email@example.com