Company operating name: Greco Tile Ltd.
Business address: 268 Ormsby Road East, Edmonton, AB, T5T 5X6
Title of position: Tilesetter
Positions available: 1
– Prepare, measure and mark surfaces to be covered.
– Set tile, marble, ceramic, slate, porcelain and granite.
– Replace and remove damaged tiles.
– Mix and apply adhesives before laying tiles using hand tools.
– Use tools, such as levels and squares, to align and straighten tiles before affixing them to a specific location.
– Modify tiles to fit in specific locations using hand and power tools.
– Pack grout into joints between tiles and remove excess grout.
– Spread Anti-fracture membrane and waterproof tile systems.
Terms of employment: Permanent, full-time, days and weekends
Location of work: Edmonton and surrounding area
Education/Work experience: Completion of a three or four-year apprenticeship OR completion of secondary school along with 1-2 years of related work experience.
Skill requirements: Must be able to handle physically demanding work, as well as be able to lift 50lbs; must be able to work well alone and with others.
Language requirement: Writing and speaking English is required.
Note: We encourage applications from underrepresented groups including, but not limited to, Aboriginal people, new immigrants and recent graduates.