Company: Jensen Contract Flooring Ltd. / Jensen Contract Flooring
Business information: we supply and install commercial flooring (resilient flooring, ceramic tile and carpet among others) for commercial projects.
Business address: 28 Main Street East, Big Valley, AB, T0J 0G0
Work Location: work can be in all Alberta depending on the company’s projects
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Prepare, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Mix, apply and spread adhesive substances
- Set tiles in place and apply pressure to affix them to base
- Align and straighten tiles
- Cut and fit tiles around obstacles
- Pack grout into joints and between tiles
- Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles
- Determine best layout of tiles
- Reinforce surfaces or build required underbases
- Cut, surface, polish and install marble and granite
- Install terrazzo surfaces and polish surfaces by hand or using machines
- Install precast terrazzo, granite or marble units
- Estimate labour and material costs
- Work at heights
-Education: Completion of secondary school
-Experience: At least 3 years of experience in the trade are required. If the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience then a post-secondary certificate is required.
-Handling heavy loads is required
-Position requires frequent traveling
Salary: $25.00 to $28.00 hourly, 40 Hours per week. We have a $3.00/hour wage increase for night work (10:00 pm to 6:00 am).
Benefits: Live-out allowance of $45.00/day and accommodation when the employee is working away from his/her home base. We also have a group benefit plan for our employees and after a three months waiting period, all employees participate; it includes health and dental benefits and life and disability benefits.
Flexibility in schedule is required. Shifts: a standard work day is from 8:00am to 5:00pm but shifts can vary according to each work project. Overtime and weekend work are required.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by fax to: 403-876-2554
Apply by mail to: PO Box 420, 28 Main Street East, Big Valley, AB, T0J 0G0