- Alberta NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Timber Pricing Forester, Systems
Timber Pricing Forester, Systems – (49854)
Posting Title: Timber Pricing Forester, Systems
Position Classification: Licensed Sc Off Forester 3
Location: Victoria, BC V9B6X2 CA (Primary)
Salary Range: $62,983.74 – $78,666.02 annually
Close Date: 5/21/2018
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
Ministry/Organization: BC Public Service -> FLNRO and Rural Development
Ministry Branch / Division: Timber Pricing Branch/Timber Ops, Pricing and First Nations Division
Timber Pricing Forester, Systems
Licensed Science Officer Forester 3
An eligibility list may be established.
Join a dynamic team of forestry management professionals in Victoria!
The Timber Pricing Forester, Systems primary responsibility is to manage the operation of the E-Commerce Appraisal System (ECAS), with secondary responsibility for the General Appraisal System (GAS). The position ensures approved timber pricing policies are meticulously analyzed and solutions devised to enable the implementation of the new coast and interior pricing policies in these systems.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service offers a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits, including one of the best pension plans available, and a variety of opportunities for career learning and development. Regular, full time Professional Employee Association members are also entitled to 7% allowance in Lieu of Overtime Shiftwork and Standby (taken as time or money), have a 35 hour work week, and 4 weeks’ annual paid leave entitlement. To find out more, explore What the BC Public Service offers You
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Charles.Klasen@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Bachelor of Science in Forestry, Natural Resources or Forest Engineering with a minimum 5 years current forestry-related experience, two of which must be in stumpage appraisals and timber pricing systems; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Registered as a Professional Forester (RPF) or eligible to register as an RPF with the Association of B.C. Forest Professionals within six months of the position start date.
- A minimum of one year experience working with complex scientific data and computer system databases and applications and knowledge of the IT development cycle.
- Experience working independently and in a team environment, by managing and organizing concurrent projects while taking into consideration changing priorities and deadlines, emerging issues, and impacts of decisions.
- Experience leading diverse teams of administrative, technical and professional staff including developing and evaluating performance goals, coaching, team-building, and mentoring.
- Preference may be given to candidates with one or more years of supervisory experience gained within the last 5 years.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed. Please select “Skip Step” on the cover letter screen to continue with your application.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: