Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
NOC Group: Truck Drivers (7411)
NOC Job Title: Driver, Dump Truck
10229 121 Street
Surrey, British Columbia
V3V 4K9 Canada
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drives truck equipped with dump body to transport and dump loose materials, such as sand, gravel, crushed rock, coal, or bituminous paving materials: Pulls levers or turns crank to tilt body and dump contents.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
- Collect and verify delivery instructions.
- Report defects, accidents or violations.
- Operate and drive primarily straight trucks to transport goods and materials mainly on local routes and short interurban routes.
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle such as condition of equipment, and loading and unloading of cargo.
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- On the job training will be provided.
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly.
- Driver License (class 1 or AZ, Air Breaks Endorsement).
- Adaptability to foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions, etc.)
- Problem solving
- Job task planning
- Organizing skills
- Significant memory
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: