Number of Hours: 35 hours per week, over time to start after 40 hours a week.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
- Document and log work/ rest periods and kilometers spent driving and retain fuel/ toll receipts.
- Input “Marcos” into our automated system for each stage of the loading and unloading process.
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Maneuver truck into loading and unloading positions.
- Collect and verify delivery instructions.
- Report defects, accidents or violations.
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- Experience is an asset, on the job training will be provided.
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly.
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc.)
- Driver License (Class 1 or A, Air Breaks Endorsement.
- Problem Solving
- Job task planning
- Organizing skills
- Significant use of memory