HP Painting Services Inc. is seeking two experienced Painters (NOC 7294).
- Wage: $25.00 /hour to start
- Full-time, permanent job offer
- Working location: Vancouver – Lower Mainland
- 40 hours/week with overtime per the Employment Standards Act of British Columbia;
- 4% vacation paid by-weekly.
- Preparing high-rise surfaces for the application of paint, including scraping, sanding, hydro-blasting, repairing and cleaning surfaces;
- Ensuring the quantity and quality of supplies is appropriate for the painting projects;
- Utilizing various brushes, rollers and spray equipment to mix, thin and apply stains, lacquer, enamel, oil, vanish paint etc.
- Filling cracks and holes in walls and making sure surfaces are level;
- Taking measurements of work surfaces and preparing job estimates;
- Determining quantities of materials required and estimating labour and material costs;
- Instructing apprentices and supervising other workers;
- Cleaning up job sites.
- Must be comfortable and capable of working at heights in various weather conditions in order to perform site inspections;
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of direct experience as a painter/decorator;
- Must have experience with multi-ratio pump spraying, conventional spray painting, and roller painting;
- Craftsmanship and manual dexterity is a must;
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision;
- Must have attention to detail and good hand-eye coordination;
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, job task planning and organizing.