EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY-INTERNAL POSTING
TYENDINAGA FITNESS RESOURCE CENTRE MANAGER
Tyendinaga Fitness Resource Centre
Full Time Position
The Tyendinaga Fitness Resource Centre Manager has functional responsibility to the Director, Community Wellbeing. The TFRC Manager oversees the overall delivery of the fitness experience through managing the fitness team including recruitment, ongoing training and appraisals and ensuring good working practices in accordance with health and safety procedures.
The TFRC Manager is responsible for recruiting and retaining membership for the Tyendinaga Fitness Resource Centre to ensure that the Centre is sustainable, while providing a clean, friendly, safe and healthy environment for all members, guests and employees.
The TFRC Manager works with their team to offer a variety of programs that assist and support their members in attaining their health and fitness goals.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring policies and procedures are in place and up to date for the use of the Centre
- Ensuring the premises are maintained in conjunction with MBQ Property management
- Providing leadership to the TFRC staff
- Providing a high level of customer service excellence
- Maintaining logs and reports that support the financial reports
- Managing the financial aspect of the Centre, including preparing and presenting proposed budgets
Education and Experience:
- Diploma in a post-secondary program in Health or Recreation Leadership, or Business Administration program with a minimum two years related experience managing others
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Must be able to write proposals, report development and budget management
- Possess good knowledge of healthy lifestyles and an ability to nurture and respect all aspects of wellness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Courteous, positive and helpful attitude
- Ability to work independently, flexible hours and highly motivated
- Strong appreciation of and empathy with, the needs of Children, Adults and Seniors
- Sensitivity to Native and community issues
- Ability to work co-operatively and effectively as a team player
- Possesses a sense of humor and good health
- Knowledge of Personal Training, Fitness Instructor or other related skills is preferred
Successful candidate must:
- Possess a Clear Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check and maintain a High level of Confidentiality
- Possess a Valid G class license and own insurance
- Possess current CPR, First Aid certification
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: March 20, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
|IN PERSON OR BY MAIL:
R.R. #1, 24 Meadow Drive
Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory
|BY PHONE OR FAX:
firstname.lastname@example.orgOr Visit our Website:
NOTE: Internal postings are intended for all MBQ staff and the membership of the Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.