Mainland Animal Emergency Clinic is proud to serve the Surrey, BC area for everything pet related. Our veterinary clinic and animal hospital is run by experienced emergency veterinarian. Our team is committed to educating our clients on how to keep your pets healthy year-round, with good nutrition and exercise. Mainland Animal Emergency Clinic stays on top of the latest advances in veterinarian technology and above all, remembers that all animals and pets need to be treated with loving care in every check-up, procedure or surgery.
Currently, we are hiring a full-time and permanent Veterinary Technician for our clinic. The candidate must be a team player who is friendly, patient, and enthusiastic with clients and their pets and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment. It is essential that they possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills; can multitask and have high attention to detail.
Company Legal Name: DRS Veterinary Services Ltd.
Company Business Name: Mainland Animal Emergency Clinic
Company Website: www.surreyanimaler.com
Position: Veterinary Technician
Number of positions: 1
Terms of employment: Full Time, Permanent
Wages: $24.00 per hour
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Business and Work Location: 15338 Fraser Hwy, Surrey, BC, V3R 3P5
• Assist Veterinarian with animals before, during and following surgery.
• Prepare and administer medication as per veterinarian’s instructions.
• Take X-rays, place IV catheters, collect samples and perform laboratory tests to help in the diagnosis of animal health problems and possible treatment.
• Communicate with clients about animal care and discuss discharge instructions.
• Maintain animal records by documenting animal conditions, reactions, and changes; updating the database.
• Enhance service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Minimum 2 or 3-year College diploma/degree in health/veterinary technology is required
• Experience as a Veterinary Technician will be an asset but not mandatory
• Applicant must be fluent in English and willing to work at evening shifts
How to apply:
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. To reduce our environmental footprint and enhance the effectiveness of our application tracking process, we ask that you submit your resume through email at firstname.lastname@example.org