Western Prime Meat Processors is seeking an experienced Butcher / Meat Cutter to join our team in Weyburn, SK. Being in business since 2003, we specialize in various meat processing such as wild meat, beef, hogs, goats, lambs. We also specialize in further processing such as sausage, jerky, ham, bacon, and much more. The perfect fit to our company is someone who shares our passion for food, has previous meat cutting experience, committed to long-term employment and has good communication skills and a cheerful personality to match or existing team.
Wage and working conditions:
- Starting wage: $19.00 CAD /hour
- Work schedule: 40 hours per week, 8 hours per day
- Benefits: WCB coverage, company benefit package includes the option for Great West Life insurance after completing the probationary period.
- Education: Minimum of Grade 12 or its equivalent, training as butcher or meat cutter would be an asset.
- Experience: At least 2 years of experience in a similar role, practice working as a meat cutter in a retail environment and operating a variety of meat cutting and sausage making equipment would be an asset;
- Good English communication skills
- Attention to detail, excellent hand-eye coordination
- Team player, willingness to learn, ability to work with others and follow directions
- No health issues that could prevent from fulfilling the job duties
- Cut, trim and prepare standard cuts of meat for sale for retail and wholesale customers;
- Determine amount and types of meat cuts to be prepared;
- Work in killing and animal slaughtering department, as needed;
- Maintain meat inventories;
- Keep record of meat sales;
- Grind meat using powered grinders and slicing machines;
- Prepare special display of meat
We would like to thank you all applicants for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.