Jordan Mattress Ltd.
13137 82A Avenue Surrey, British Columbia, V3W 9Y6
Salary $24.00/ hour for 40 hours/week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Supervisors, Recording, Distributing and Scheduling Occupations (1215)
NOC Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Job Location: 13137 82A Avenue Surrey, British Columbia, V3W 9Y6
Business started out as a simple idea to make mattresses for beautiful bedroom furniture. As the business grew our fascination with furniture also flourished. We decided to launch our uber modern take on furniture. We began making beautiful pieces of furniture for suppliers and they came back for more. We built our team of professionals with people passionate about modern design and skilled in creating beautiful interiors. We became a place people were talking about – an unparalleled resource that offered a thoughtfully curated selection of high-quality products with a personalized design touch that allows you to enjoy all of our pieces. Now, we have employment opportunity for 02 Warehouse Supervisors.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of workers engaged in the shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and maintaining inventories of materials, parts and products
- Plan, manage, schedule and supervise a team of workers in the furniture warehouse.
- Establish work schedules and ensuring procedures and policies in accordance with standards.
- Supervise ordering, receiving and maintaining of the furniture supplies and inventories.
- Receive, document and process delivered furniture
- Co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments.
- Coordinate the warehouse furniture supply to the showroom and document the details
- Prepare and submit reports, Arrange for maintenance and repair work.
- Resolve work related problems, Recruit and hire warehouse staff.
- Train workers in duties and policies, Arrange training for staff.
- Conduct performance reviews, Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review work to warehouse staff
- Plan, organize and oversee operational logistics of the organization.
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- Secures warehouse by turning alarms on; testing systems.
Job requirements to qualify for position
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- 2-3 years of experience in warehouse or related occupation are required.
- Excellent communication skills in English are required to read, write and communicate.
- Knowledge of computer, MS Excel, MS Word etc.
- Supervision, Safety Management, Data Entry Management, Dependability, Reporting Skills, Analyzing Information, Dealing with Complexity, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, Equipment Maintenance, Organization
As per mutual agreement and BC Employment Standards act, 4% vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid each pay period with 10 days of unpaid vacation or the option to chose 10 days paid vacation annually with no vacation pay on each pay period.
How to Apply
If it sounds like you, please do not hesitate to apply by sending us your resume via email at email@example.com or via fax at (604) 501-1080 via mail at 13137 82A Avenue Surrey BC V3W 9Y6