Wealth Sales Manager : 000085TC
Employment Type: Regular
The role is a customer facing where leadership and meeting customer needs are critical to the success of the business. The role of Wealth Sales Manager is to lead, develop and manage a team of Premier Relationship Managers (PRMs) to ensure achievement of the business objectives and deliver the branch performance measures in line with the defined business plan. The Wealth Sales Manager has a central role to play in effectively leading and implementing change as an integral part of delivering the business strategy
Create and maintain an environment where the Wealth Sales Manager and their team maximize performance in achieving the RBWM business objectives while providing the highest sales quality and service standards. The role will ensure the business is effectively run in accordance with the RBWM Operating Model.
In delivering the business objectives, role holders must also maintain the highest standards of risk management, control and compliance required by the Group, closely managing and driving the individual and collective performance of the team.
Implementation of the Operating Model requires the role holder to implement the Group standards in customer contact strategy and delivery of those standards in accordance with any country specific requirements (based upon a good understanding of the branch’s personal customers, the potential customer base, local market conditions and competitor activity).
A key responsibility is to develop the people within the team, leading and coaching them to maximize their performance and realize their potential within HSBC.
Impact on the Business
- Lead your team to deliver the key performance indicators (KPIs) and plan
- Ensure sales activity management and the sales process are used to effectively meet customer needs
- Lead PRMs in line with the processes and activities in the RBWM Operating Model and other operational guidelines to achieve consistency of management of our people and delivery of service and sales to HSBC customers
- Monitor and act on sales activity management information and other internal information tools, using them to coach your team and achieve the business goals
- Identify and act on factors that would increase local competitiveness
Customers / Stakeholders
- Use the principles and guidelines in the operating model to ensure customer needs are identified and where appropriate PRMs use the support provided by specialists
- Manage the application of EDRAS, client funnel management and sales quality standards
- Implement customer relationship and proposition strategies
- Build a prominent profile in the community in which you are based in a way that builds HSBC’s reputation and brand
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Drive a high performance culture through robust objective setting, performance reviews and action to address poor performance
- Evaluate performance against KPIs and make discretionary incentive recommendations in line with the Group incentive plans
- Observe, feedback and coach the team to improve effectiveness and performance
- Train, maintain and develop your team to a level appropriate for the business and in line with country training plans
- Recruit and onboard high caliber individuals in line with headcount and resourcing plans.
- Maintain and enhance personal and team knowledge and skills through sharing best practice for creating an exceptional customer experience
- Hold regular team and one-to-one meetings with team members to share priorities, establish focus, coach and address risks & issues
- Role-model HSBC values and create an inclusive work environment which embraces diversity and fosters engagement
- Demonstrate connectivity to other teams and actions which benefit the Group above local interests
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure that sales & operations are undertaken in accordance with RBWM FIM, BIMs and Credit Policy Manual appropriate lending guidelines
- Ensure all processes for sales & operations are in place and manage within any agreed Authorities
- Maintain the branch operating rhythm in line with the network operating model
- Manage operational risk, by using relevant MI to identify risk situations and take any appropriate action to minimize loss
- Specifically ensure active management and compliance with Anti-Money Laundering, Know Your Customer and Sales Quality standards
- To ensure lending (not including Commercial and Corporate) is undertaken and controlled in accordance with HSBC Credit Policy by ensuring the appropriate use of credit and behavioral scored lending
- Undertake Sales, Operational and Credit sampling in your branch, as directed by published bank procedures
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- We seek to grow our RBWM business through meeting customer needs, delivering the highest standards of sales quality and efficient operations. This involves the pursuit of excellent customer driven service; recognition of customer value, offering solutions from across HSBC appropriate to customer needs in order to enhance that value.
- The range of competitors and products has established an increased financial awareness in customers, creating a demand for increased experience and skill at branch level. A Wealth Sales Manager requires the following key attributes:
- High energy and a tenacious approach
- Excellent sales and people management skills
- Customer driven with a strong focus on meeting needs, sales quality and standards of service
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, especially in motivation, coaching and team leadership
- A strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability
- Ability to respond to and lead change on a personal and team level
- The role holder forms an integral part of the wider HSBC management team. As part of this wider team the role holder is expected to identify opportunities in their day to day activities that directly or indirectly contribute to the success of colleagues with differing responsibilities, particularly in other areas of HSBC such as Commercial.
- The Wealth Sales Manager may be responsible for PRMs in one or more branches according to market size and complexity. The role belongs to the face-to-face distribution operating model which defines globally consistent structures, standards and operating procedures for RBWM.
- The role is an integral part of RBWM and embraces all RBWM customer segments and propositions.
- In many markets the branch has minimal on-site administration and makes full use of all available straight through processing, centers of excellence and direct channels.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The role holder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the Group Values: Dependable, Open, Connected.
- The role holder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology. The role holder has oversight for Risk Control Assessments for activities within their operation.
- Risks should be identified and action taken to address them, including notification, escalation and management of consequences for those responsible as appropriate. This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring and by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and / or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The role holder will be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The role holder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes / procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of equivalent education and experience in banking or related industry.
- Seven to ten years of related experience and at least 4 years leading and managing others.
- Mutual Fund Licensing.
- Requires Completion of:
- Investment Funds in Canada Course; Canadian Investment Funds Course; or Canadian Securities Course;
- Mutual Fund Skills Builders Course
- Completion of HSBC Business School and Accreditation
- Personal Financial Planning Designation (PFP) or equivalent; (Quebec Only: CSI certificate of achievement – Advanced Personal Finance).
- Proven ability in team leadership and management
- Proven ability in Retail distribution
- Proven ability in relationship management in the Retail/Wealth sector
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with HSBC Values
- Proven adherence to controls and compliance with no significant breaches
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a particular emphasis upon inspiring, influencing and negotiating
- Coaching sales techniques, best practice and sales management on a team and one to one basis
- Planning and organizing skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to speak / understand a second language is an asset
Job Field : Sales
Primary Location : North America-Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Region vacancy
Job Posting : 23-Jan-2017, 17:23:15 Unposting Date : 28-Jan-2017, 02:59:00