Abbotsford Truck & Trailer Repair Ltd. is seeking an energetic, highly motivated professional to join our team.
Job type: Full time and Permanent
Business address: 34523 2nd Avenue, Abbotsford, BC V2S 8H9
Salary: $28.00 – $30.00/Hourly for 40 hours a week
Overtime as per BC labor laws
Minimum Education: Diploma, Certificate, or Equivalent experience in the relevant field
Positions Available: 1
Job Location: Abbotsford
- Completion of college diploma, certificate or equivalent qualification in Welding or related field
- Proven over 3 years of work experience as a welder
- Effective skills and knowledge of gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), resistance welding and submerged arc welding (SAW)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
- Repair worn parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments; brazing and soldering equipment; flame-cutting equipment
- Operate brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines
- Operate previously set up welding machines such as spot, butt and seam resistance or gas and arc welding machines to fabricate or repair metal parts; previously set up brazing or soldering machines to bond metal parts or to fill holes, indentations and seams of metal articles with solder
- Start up, shut down, adjust and monitor robotic welding production line
- Adjust welding heads and tooling according to work specifications
- Assist with the maintenance and repair of welding, brazing and soldering equipment
Selected applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Interested candidates please send your resumes to Abbotsford Truck & Trailer Repair Ltd..