Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Welders and Related Machine Operators (7265)
NOC Job Title: Welder
12899 76 Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3W 1E5 Canada
• Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures.
• Assesses equipment, structures, materials, and job specifications for appropriate welding positions and methods
• Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that need to be welded.
• Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead).
• Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws.
• Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements.
• Maintain equipment in condition that does not compromise safety.
• Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps.
• Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements).
• Completion of High School is required.
• Combination of diploma in welding and/or some work experience is required.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to understand technical documents and drawings.
How to Apply