Chilcotin Holidays is a guest ranch located in the South Chilcotin Mountains in British Columbia, Canada. The ranch offers four seasons of customized wilderness adventures. We are dedicated to providing “Authentic Wilderness” experiences.
We operate a 5,000 sq km territory located in the remote wilderness of the South Chilcotin Mountains, an area renowned for its environmental diversity. We provide guided pack trips through the wilderness to our 25 mountain camps, from June through September. Wildlife is abundant and diverse; black bears, grizzlies, wolves, deer, moose, sheep, mountain goats and other native species are often encountered while on the trail.
Are you motivated to explore your potential and live a life that impacts others in meaningful ways? Do you believe life is about more than just you?
The ranch attracts people from all walks of life and corners of the globe. They come here because they want to challenge themselves and see what they’re capable of. They want to discover new interests and pursue their purpose. They want to live a life that matters.
You will have the unique opportunity to help these individuals make the most of their time at the ranch. Who you are and the values you live out are crucial to the living and learning environment. This is why we care more about the content of your character than the content of your resume.Through your personal commitment to a principled and purposeful life, you moderate the environment and atmosphere among volunteers, interns, and staff members.
This is a position of great influence and responsibility. You will need strength of character to remain steadfast and focused in the face of unexpected challenges and setbacks. Along with these challenges, however, comes the rare opportunity to be a catalyst for positive change and a facilitator of life-changing experiences.
Your mission is to keep people engaged in their purpose for coming to the ranch, whether that be to challenge themselves, learn more about nature, discover hidden strengths, or pursue their true interests in life.
If you value principles over popular opinion, what is right over what is easy, and want to help others dive deeper into their life’s purpose as you live out your own, we want to hear from you.
Responsibilities and Key Traits:
- The Human Resources Manager is a self-starter with proven success working within a growing company, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a hands-on approach
- Provides strong human resources support and guidance for employee relations, global talent acquisition & retention, performance management, compensation/total rewards, employee development, succession planning, etc.
- Manage the start-to-finish recruitment process for qualified candidates in specific jobs.
- Further the HR department’s strategy through involvement with continued training and program and policy development initiatives
- Lead onboarding and orientation activities
- Assist new employees through the hiring and orientation process, ensuring all necessary documents are completed, and that relevant information is retained on file
- Proactively identify current and potential future staffing requirements, prepare/post job advertisements, and collect/screen applications
Qualifications & Experience
- Responsible, strong commitment to principles and values
- Completion of post-secondary education in Human Resources or equivalent education and experience and an undergraduate degree in Psychology or Human Services, diploma or similar education and/or equivalent experience
- Global mobility experience with multiple country employment laws, cultural norms, benefits and immigration laws. Specific experience with the following countries is preferred: Canada, Australia, United States, Europe and/or New Zealand
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships within all levels of the organization.
- Excellent time management, organizational and priority-setting skills, ability to multi-task
- Hands-on, roll-up your sleeves, and get the job done attitude.
- Completion, or working towards a degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or equivalent program
- Experience and training in customer service and administrative work required
- Team player, seeking to expand knowledge and skills in the HR field
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Commitment to professional development and continuous learning
- Excellent written and oral communication, strong attention to detail and analytical skills, high discretion and confidentiality, in accordance with ethics and integrity standards
- Accustomed to working with different social media networks and platforms
The ideal candidates should have a university degree, college diploma, or completion of a higher education program in the related field. At least 1 year of practical experience in the field.
Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Send your cover letter and resume in your application, with “Human Resources Manager” in the subject line of your email, to firstname.lastname@example.org