Company: North Star Manufacturing o/a North Star Windows and Doors
Business information:Since 1985 North Star has been an industry leader in the manufacture of attractive and energy-efficient vinyl windows and patio doors.We are committed to best-in-class manufacturing technology and ensure all our products consistently exceed industry standards.
Business address: 40684 Talbot Line St. Thomas, ON N5P 3T2
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment:Full Time–Seasonal
Estimated Start Date:Early April, 2019 to early December, 2019
- Operate machine to fabricate parts and products
- Complete reports on product inspection
- Affix seal or tags to approved products
- Sand, trim, grind or clean products into final form using hand tools
- Build vinyl windows and patio doors
- Cut vinyl, frames, drop in glass, affix hardware
- Clean product, inspect product, wrap product, ship product
- Return defective products for repair or recycle
- Check manufactured items for defects and conformance to specifications
- Load, feed or place materials into machine
- Screw, clip, glue, bond, weld or otherwise assemble parts and components to form final products
- Cut, shape and fit materials to form parts and components
- Clean work area
- Change machinery attachments
- Monitor machine during operation
-Education: No education is required
-Experience: Experience as a manufacturing labourer or construction type experience is an asset.
-Training will be provided
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Manual dexterity
- Overtime required
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Repetitive tasks
Salary: $16.53to $17.00hourly, 40-48 hours per week
Benefits:Hand tools and personal protective equipment provided. Transportation may be provided if required.
-Regular work schedule will be on a shift rotational basis. The average shifts start at 7am and end at 3:30 pm or start at 3:45 pm to 12:15 am (midnight). Overtime schedule includes 9-hour days and part-time Saturdays.
-This position is seasonal (8 months). Start date will be early April, 2019 and will end by early December, 2019.
Apply by e-mail to:email@example.com
Apply by fax: 866-464-4139
Apply by mail to:40684 Talbot Line St. Thomas, ON N5P 3T2