Two 6-month contract positions
The Canadian Indigenous Nurses Association based at 50 Driveway, Ottawa On, is seeking to hire two (2) youths for 6-month contract positions, funded by Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada, beginning in September 2017. Must be status First Nations or Inuit and under the age of 30 based on the funding source.
- Facilitating communication needs and member engagement from a national perspective via social media (Facebook, Twitter, CINA website), newsletters, preparing correspondence, internal/external communication
- Writing press releases
- Researching and writing relevant articles of interest to Indigenous Nurses as it relates to our mandate if improving the health of Indigenous people.
- Respond to requests for information from C.I.N.A. members
- Research and preparation of materials for a national training forum and regional workshops
- Initial planning and promoting a national training forum and regional workshops
- Creating and maintaining accurate records, including registrations
- Write high quality professional letters and emails, assist with proof reading
- Create files and ensure they are maintained and organized accordingly
- All other duties that are required to effectively meet the day to day responsibilities of a national organization.
- Very detailed and organized who keeps excellent records;
- Must be able to take direction and adapt to changing priorities
- Professional, courteous, dedicated to getting deadlines met in a quality manner
- Very strong computer skills working with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software and equipment
- Ability to take on multiple tasks
- Ready, willing and able to work outside normal office hours, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Status, First Nations or Inuit under the age of 30
Deadline to apply: MONDAY AUGUST 14, 2017
Apply with cover letter and resume to the Executive Director email@example.com