Most Popular Channels
No channels found.
Most Recent Stories
There are currently no recent stories to display.
Manitoba News Release
November 21, 2008
The 2008 Manitoba Attorney General Safer Communities Awards and the Excellence in Law Enforcement Awards will be presented to recipients this afternoon to recognize organizations and individuals who made outstanding contributions to crime prevention in Manitoba.”Crime prevention is everybody’s business and thousands of Manitobans strive each day to make our neighbourhoods safer, better places to live,” said Attorney General Dave Chomiak. “Today we recognize some amazingly dedicated and truly outstanding individuals and groups and thank all of the nominees for making positive contributions to the province.”
The 2008 recipients will be:
- Rev. Harry Lehotsky Award for Community Activism: Jim Harms.
- Individual (under 18): Jorrel Camuyong.
- Individuals (18 and over): Nahanni Fontaine and Stephen McIntyre.
- Community Based Initiative:
– Rural: Survivors Hope Crisis Centre.
– Urban: Make Point Douglas a Crack Free Zone.
- Community Justice: Audrey Lysack-Ross.
The Excellence in Law Enforcement Awards honour police officers who have distinguished themselves in the performance of their duties and in their communities. This year, awards will be presented to:
- Det. Sgt. David Bessason, Winnipeg Police Service;
- Sgt. Robert Cooke, RCMP;
- Const. Lois Cormier, RCMP;
- Cpl. Les Dolhun, RCMP;
- Deputy Chief Shelley M. Hart, Winnipeg Police Service;
- Sgt. Rodney Hourd, Winnipeg Police Service;
- Chief Supt. Doug Lang, RCMP;
- Deputy Commissioner Darrell Madill, RCMP;
- Sgt. Chris Murphy, RCMP;
- Const. Allan Pasquini, RCMP;
- Sgt. Sheldon Peddle, RCMP;
- Staff Sgt. Ralph Pohl, RCMP;
- Staff Sgt. Bruce Prange, RCMP;
- Cpl. Cindy Prince, Dakota Ojibway Police Service; and
- Patrol Sgt. Robert Riffel, Winnipeg Police Service.
RCMP auxiliary constables receiving recognition are:
- Auxiliary Const. Robert Cleveland; and
- Auxiliary Const. Ivan Mason.
The ceremony is being held today at the Fairmont Winnipeg at 2 Lombard Place. The awards portion of the event will begin at approximately noon.
- 30 -
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.