- North of 60 NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
2012 ROOPH Awards will Honour Former Alberta Premier, Ed Stelmach, with Special Recognition
Edmonton, Alberta – March 7, 2012 – Homeward Trust Edmonton will host the 2012 ROOPH Awards at the Westin Edmonton tomorrow. Close to 300 guests are expected to attend, representing organizations, individuals, corporations and all levels of government committed to ending homelessness in Edmonton. The ROOPH Awards recognize outstanding organizations and people in housing.
This year, Homeward Trust Edmonton is pleased to honour former Alberta Premier, Ed Stelmach, with Special Recognition for Leadership towards Ending Homelessness. In his term as Alberta Premier, Mr. Stelmach championed issues around housing and homelessness. His commitment to this initiative funded more than 11,600 affordable housing units, creating safe and modest homes for more than 22,000 Albertans. He also established the Alberta Secretariat for Action on Homelessness, which led to the development and implementation of A Plan for Alberta: The 10-year plan to end homelessness.”Mr. Stelmach’s commitment to ending homelessness and promoting the development of affordable housing deserves our recognition. We are so pleased to honour him with this special award,” said Susan McGee, Executive Director, Homeward Trust Edmonton.
The ROOPH Awards will be presented in five categories: Larry Shaben Award for Outstanding Leadership in the Housing Sector; Excellence in Building Design; Exceptional Volunteerism in the Housing Sector; Partnerships for Success and Outstanding Service for the Aboriginal Community.
Homeward Trust Edmonton is a not for profit organization that uses a community-based approach toward the goal of ending homelessness in Edmonton. Our primary role is to coordinate responses to housing needs by working together with local agencies and all orders of government.
The nominations for the 2012 ROOPH Awards are as follows:
Larry Shaben Award for Outstanding Leadership in the Housing Sector
• Alfred Nikolai, President and CEO, Habitat for Humanity Edmonton
• Cliff Higuchi, Vice President and General Manager, Shaw Conference Centre
• Deb Cautley, Executive Director, Youth Emergency Shelter Society
• Don Mayne, Edmonton Interfaith Centre
Excellence in Building Design
• Integrated Management and Realty Ltd. – Canora Place
• Intera One
Exceptional Volunteerism in the Housing Sector
• Dianne Thew
• Les Umpherville, Boyle Street Community Services
• Mike Lake, Member of Parliament, Edmonton-Millwoods-Beaumont
• Neil Calhoun, Habitat for Humanity Edmonton
Partnerships for Success
• Boyle Street Community Services – Street Outreach
• Edmonton Coalition on Housing and Homelessness – Sculpture Project
• Edmonton Bed Bug Project
• Integrated Management and Realty Ltd.
• Leduc Foundation
• Edmonton John Howard Society – The Loft
• REALTORS Community Foundation
• Seniors Association of Greater Edmonton – This Full House Program
• Shaw Conference Centre
Outstanding Service for the Aboriginal Community
• Elsey Gauthier, Alberta Health Services
• Habitat for Humanity Edmonton
ROOPH Awards Sponsors: Edmonton Homeless Commission, REALTORS Association of Edmonton, Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), City of Edmonton and Gable Investments Ltd.
Homeward Trust Edmonton
Communications and Media Coordinator
780.496.7290 or Cell: 780.953.8486
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.