- Ontario NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
AFNQL Golf Tournament – $25,000 Raised For The New Pathways Foundation
WENDAKE, QC, – Sept. 4 – The Assembly of First Nations of Quebec and Labrador (AFNQL) held its annual golf tournament, yesterday at the Le Versant Golf Club in Terrebonne. The tournament was a resounding success and for the first time since it began, the tournament donated all the money raised to the New Pathways Foundation. The New Pathways Foundation will have the mission to fight poverty among Aboriginal youth, because one out of every four Aboriginal children is raised in poverty.Many well-known personalities attended the tournament, including:
– Mr. Ghislain Picard, AFNQL Chief and Honorary President of the tournament
– Ms. Lise Thériault, Minister Responsible for Social Services of the Government of Quebec
– Mr. Geoffrey Kelley, MNA, Jacques-Cartier
– Mr. Camil Bouchard, MNA, Vachon
– Mr. Aurélien Gill, President of the New Pathways Foundation and former Senator of Canada
– Mr. Daniel Germain, Founder of the Breakfast Club
“I had the great honour of donating $25,000 to the New Pathways Foundation on behalf of the AFNQL; we are extremely proud to be able to support the Foundation and its valuable work since we’ve always had at heart our children in the communities. I strongly encourage civil society, business and all levels of government to support the Foundation” stated Chief Ghislain Picard.
The Assembly of First Nations of Quebec and Labrador (AFNQL) is a regional organization consisting of the First Nations Chiefs of Quebec and Labrador.
For further information: about the New Pathways Foundation: Michèle Audette, In charge of Partnership Development, (418) 842-1540; SOURCE: Alain Garon, Communications Officer, AFNQL, (418) 842-5020, Cell (418) 956-5720
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.