- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Apply Now for Indigenous Women in Community Leadership Mentorship Program
Indigenous Women in Community Leadership
Coady International Institute Seeking Applications for its Enhanced Mentorship Program
Applications Open March 1, 2018
For Immediate Release Antigonish, Nova Scotia, February 16, 2018 --
Are you an Indigenous woman who is making a difference in your community? Grow your network. Enhance your skills.
This program focuses on building leadership capacity by sharing expertise between participants, mentors, and Elders, on leadership models, community-driven development and resilience, governance, economic empowerment and development. This program prioritizes indigenous knowledge and teachings, and connects participants with other development practitioners from around the world.
Beginning in 2018, the program will include three main components:
- Pre-Residency– Engage in a virtual learning network in preparation for the on-campus residency (approx. three days in September).
- Residency(October 1 – 23) – Attend on-campus program at Coady International Institute, located in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People. (Antigonish, NS)
- Mentorship– Engage in a mentorship program with one-on-one mentorship and guidance from facilitators and peers as you undertake a community development project in your community.
The program will take place between September 1, 2018 – January 30, 2018
Am I Eligible?
This program is open to First Nation, Métis , and Inuit women who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma
- Demonstrate a minimum of five years of leadership experience in a community through volunteer work or a working organization.
- Identify an idea for a community development initiative they wish to undertake which has initial support from their organization and/or community.
Can I Receive a Scholarship?
Successful candidates receive a full scholarship that includes travel, tuition, accommodations, and meals.
How Do I Apply?
Apply online at coady.stfx.ca
For interviews, press photos, or further information, please contact:
Established in 1959, Coady International Institute is committed to accompanying generations of global leaders skilled in the application of citizen-led, asset-based, and community-driven leadership for economic and social change. Located in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People, on the campus of St. Francis Xavier University, Antigonish, Nova Scotia. Coady International Institute includes a network of leaders in 130 countries globally.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
You must be logged in to post a comment.