Bigstone Cree Nation: News Release
EDMONTON, ALBERTA – Sept. 24, 2009 – Bigstone Cree Nation and the Communities of Peerless Lake and Trout Lake announce correction in information previously disseminated by Kodiak Energy, Inc. (TSX-V: KDK and OTCBB: KDKN.OB) (“Kodiak”), Cougar Energy, Inc. (“Cougar”), CREEnergy Oil and Gas Inc. (“CREEnergy”).Bigstone Cree Nation and the Communities of Peerless Lake and Trout Lake announce that information contained in news releases disseminated by Kodiak regarding their “CREEnergy Project” remains erroneous and unchanged despite requests by the Bigstone Cree Nation and representatives of the Communities of Peerless Lake and Trout Lake to correct the erroneous information in these news releases.
It should be known that there is no agreement between Bigstone Cree Nation or the Communities of Peerless Lake and Trout Lake and Kodiak, Cougar and/or CREEnergy concerning oil and gas rights or properties. Specifically CREEnergy has no agreement, exclusive or otherwise, concerning oil and gas properties on lands which may or may not become part of a Peerless Trout Reserve in the future contrary to what was stated in the Kodiak new release dated December 1, 2008. At the time the December 1, 2008, news release was disseminated there was not and there remains no “Peerless/Trout Lake First Nation” and no ability on the part of anyone living at Peerless Lake and Trout Lake to enter into any kind of binding agreement regarding oil and gas properties which may or may not be located on a future reserve if as and when it is created.
The following information was communicated to Kodiak by legal counsel for Bigstone Cree Nation and the Peerless Lake and Trout Lake Communities along with specific requests to file a news release retracting any claims to rights to oil and gas properties on the “Peerless Trout First Nation”:
1. the Bigstone Cree Nation negotiations with the Federal and Provincial government are ongoing;
2. there is no final settlement ratification of this Claim;
3. as yet, there is no Peerless Trout First Nation;
4. as yet, there is no Peerless Trout Reserve;
5. no one has been given authority by a Band Council Resolution, or otherwise, to negotiate in any way with third parties including granting of rights for oil and gas exploration development and production;
6. no one has the authority to grant to CREEnergy the right to act as exclusive agent for Peerless Lake and Trout Lake with regard to binding those Communities with respect to legal relationships with third parties.
These requests for a retraction have been ignored.
For more information, please contact
Bigstone Cree Nation
Chief Gordon T. Auger