TORONTO, May 12, 2015 – TD Bank Group today published its 2014 Corporate Responsibility Report. Titled “How we are building The Better Bank,” the report details the bank’s progress on corporate responsibility performance. This year’s report keeps pace with international reporting trends with the adoption of the latest G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines, as provided by the Global Reporting Initiative.
“This year we focused on providing readers with a concise story, dedicated to sharing the important environmental and social impacts that our stakeholders value most,” said Teri Currie, Group Head, Direct Channels, Technology, Marketing and People Strategies, TD Bank Group. “We recognize that our employees, customers and communities have high expectations of TD and this report demonstrates how we embed corporate responsibility throughout our business.”
2014 highlights of social and environmental performance include:
- First commercial bank in Canada to issue a green bond
- First financial institution to track all owned corporate and retail buildings in Canada and U.S. using the ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager®
- 52% increase in women in executive leadership roles, from 2005 to 2014
- Raising financial awareness with 294,000 participants in a TD-sponsored financial education program
- More than 96,000 hours volunteered by TD employees in their local communities
- More than 50,000 trees planted across North America and the U.K. through TD Tree Days
- $82 CAD million donated to support community organizations across North America and the U.K.
Video highlights include:
- Helping East Vancouver Thrive – the story of how the Woodwards branch in Vancouver provides banking services and support for the broader community; and
- After the Storm – how TD volunteers stepped up to help restore the community of Springfield, Massachusetts after a class 3 tornado left a trail of devastation.
The interactive online report includes links to supporting content and resources to provide readers with the option of learning more about topics of interest, such as policy statements, position papers and detailed performance data. In addition to the full report, TD has also issued an Executive Summary for readers who prefer a brief synopsis of key events.
For more information about corporate responsibility at TD, or to read the report, please visit: www.td.com/corporate-responsibility.
Any questions or feedback on the report can be directed to email@example.com.
About TD Bank Group
The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Group (“TD” or the “Bank”). TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves more than 24 million customers in three key businesses operating in a number of locations in financial centres around the globe: Canadian Retail, including TD Canada Trust, TD Auto Finance Canada, TD Wealth (Canada), TD Direct Investing, and TD Insurance; U.S. Retail, including TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, TD Auto Finance U.S., TD Wealth (U.S.), and an investment in TD Ameritrade; and Wholesale Banking, including TD Securities. TD also ranks among the world’s leading online financial services firms, with approximately 9.7 million active online and mobile customers. TD had CDN$1.1 trillion in assets on January 31, 2015. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades under the symbol “TD” on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges.
SOURCE TD Bank Group