Most Popular Channels
No channels found.
Most Recent Stories
There are currently no recent stories to display.
April 2, 2008
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 7, 2008
In August 2008, Indigenous people from across North America will travel to the Cowichan Valley, on Vancouver Island, to participate in the 2008 North American Indigenous Games, an international celebration of youth, sport and culture.The 2008 NAIG
August 3-10, 2008
There are a number of performance opportunities for Aboriginal artists. The main events include the Opening and Closing Ceremonies.
To be considered for a performance slot, artists need to submit the following by April 7, 2008:
1. Completed application form: www.cowichan2008.com/pdf/cultural_village_performer_application.pdf
2. A 1-page bio
3. A 20-word bio
4. Quality photos (printed or high-resolution digital photos on CD)
5. A CD or DVD with music (please specify 3 songs for the jury to listen to)
6. Proof of Aboriginal Ancestry
7. Website address
All artist submission will be reviewed by a jury. The jury will consider the following when decided which performers to invite:
- Songwriting and lyrical content
- Music genre (Traditional and contemporary)
- Geographical representation
* Final selection process will also consider internal budget
For more informatino:
Festival and Ceremonies Coordinator
P: (250) 746-2008ext.248
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.