Call for Submissions: Indigenous Music Trade Mission to Southern California
August 09, 2017
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 4PM CST, Thursday, September 7, 2017
Manitoba Music’s Indigenous Music Development Program is leading a small trade mission to southern California in November. The project will provide up to seven First Nation, Metis, and Inuit artists and music entrepreneurs from across Canada with a chance to connect with Native American leaders, entertainment directors for Native American owned casinos, recording artists, and media during a five-day mission to the region southwest of Los Angeles.
The mission will run November 6–10 and the recommended travel days are November 5 and 11. Manitoba Music will contract an in-market consultant to confirm all meetings and provide additional advice during the mission.
Participants will be responsible for their own flights, accommodations, and meals during the mission. Manitoba Music will rent two vehicles to provide ground transportation for the duration of the week.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a First Nation, Metis, or Inuit artist or music entrepreneur (manager, label owner/operator, booking agent, music festival executive, or radio station executive)
- Have a valid passport and the ability to cross all international borders
- Be able to take action on business opportunities in the US and/or be able to provide opportunities in Canada for Native American artists
- Applicants from Manitoba must also be members of Manitoba Music
To submit, fill out the form at: manitobamusic.com/submissions
NOTE: Each submission will be adjudicated by a group of music industry professionals. The jury will review the information that you submit along with your website and social media profiles.
Submissions will be rejected if incomplete.
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Rationale (please use this section to explain what you plan to accomplish in southern California)
- Bio (please be sure to highlight your international experience)
- Recent developments
For information about Manitoba Music membership, visit manitobamusic.com or contact Andrea Davis at 204.975.4217, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about this project, please contact:
Alan Greyeyes, Indigenous Music Development Manager