Canadian North Enhances Schedule in Kitikmeot and Baffin Regions
Tuesday, April 5th, 2011
Offers more frequency and improved connections
Effective April 4, 2011, Canadian North began operating an additional 25 flights per week to northern communities in the Kitikmeot and Qikiqtani (Baffin) regions.
The addition of these flights provides for more same-day connections to Ottawa through Iqaluit in the Qikiqtani, and the added convenience of more jet service in the Kitikmeot.Highlights of the new schedule (with flights to Yellowknife and return):
In the Kitikmeot:
• A tripling of jet service between Cambridge Bay and Yellowknife each week, as well as additional frequency including Dash 8 service
• Jet service between Kugaaruk and Yellowknife once a week
• Jet service six days a week from Kugluktuk to Yellowknife, with four jet and three Dash flights in the return direction
• One additional flight per week between Taloyoak and Yellowknife, now offering daily service
Highlights of the new schedule (with flights to Iqaluit and return):
In the Qikiqtani:
• Daily service between Cape Dorset and Iqaluit
• Four flights per week from Clyde River to Iqaluit, with five flights a week returning to the community (allowing for same-day connections to and from Ottawa)
• The addition of four fights a week from Hall Beach to Iqaluit (totalling six flights), with the addition of 3 flights into the community from Iqaluit (allowing for same-day connections to and from Ottawa)
• The addition of 4 flights weekly from Igloolik to Iqaluit and an additional flight from Iqaluit to Igloolik
• Seven flights per week between Pond Inlet and Iqaluit, with fewer stops enroute
With the addition of many of these flights, as well as the reduction of stops on some routes, same-day connections to and from Ottawa are now more widely available.
“We’re excited to be able to increase our frequency to the communities in such a significant way,” states Lorraine Bonner, VP of Scheduled Service for Canadian North,” as it means better and more frequent connections for our customers.”
Flights times for the new schedule can be found on Canadian North’s website at: www.canadiannorth.com.
About Canadian North
Canadian North and its founding companies (Canadian Airlines, Pacific Western, Transair, Nordair) have proudly served the North with passenger and cargo services for more than 80 years. Canadian North offers flights to Nunavut and the Northwest Territories through their southern gateways of Ottawa and Edmonton, as well as from other major southern Canadian cities through their partnership with Air Canada. Canadian North also offers charter services within and beyond the North for industrial clients, sports teams, and large groups. Canadian North is a member of the NorTerra Group of Companies whose parent corporation, NorTerra Inc., is owned equally by Nunasi Corporation, representing the Inuit of Nunavut, and the Inuvialuit Development Corporation, representing the Inuvialuit of the Western Arctic.
For further information, or for this release in Inuktitut or Inuinnaqtun, contact:
Canadian North Airlines
Tel: (867) 669-4000 – or –
Fax: (867) 669-4040 – or –